PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
This Memorial Day, May 29th, has the added dimension of being the 100th birthday of JFK.
For any who may be interested, there will be an on-line conference all day Monday with many different speakers/presenters at:
https://jfkbirthday.com

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My father was born the same year, 1917, and this is his centennial as well. He died in 2006, and I am reading a poem I wrote for his service at church for Father's Day in remembrance. I think JFK's image has changed over the years, not as much of a family man as he appeared, but perhaps more of an actual statesman than his image in life. Dad was a minesweeper skipper in the Philippines during WWII, and I was an enlisted radioman aboard a 'sweep during Vietnam, so I joke we were a minesweeper dynasty.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
My father was born the same year, 1917, and this is his centennial as well.
Hard to believe we're already 100 years down the road from 1917. The living memory of the pre-high-tech age is fading fast.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I never met him, but he was instrumental in forming a Unit I was part of. I was honored to guard him in the Rotunda at his Death. That was one of the saddest days with the Death of my Parents and fellow Servicemen. I strive to be a good man and hope I made a small difference in Honoring his Memory.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
I have no respect for the man or the Politician he was, I respect his service to this country as well as all veterans and stop there.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
There are certain things he said and did that I agree with and others that I don't. But my interest isn't really about him personally but about the specific reasons for his murder and the implications of it.
But it wasn't my intention to start a debate about that, because if anyone still believes the official narrative there's nothing that is going to convince them otherwise at this point. I only wanted to let those who might be interested know about the on-line thing tomorrow, and point out the co-incidence with Memorial Day.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
The redemptive qualities of service to one's country are nearly miraculous. I can think of many people, historic and mundane, who, but for that, would be a completely irredeemable pile of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.