JF Germain Flake Recommendations Anyone? (U.S.)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
First, I'm in the U.S., so I'm aware that limits what Germain tobaccos will even be available. Second, it looks like the U.S. internet sellers I'm familiar with are "out of stock" on somewhere between most, and all of their Germain listings.
So what might I actually get here in the states that would be worth the time & effort to procure?
I'm a Va/VaPer/VaBur guy. Not an Aro or English guy.
Brown Flake? Medium Flake? Anything else?
Thanks all.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
I'm recently interested in trying Brown Flake and a couple others but haven't seen it in stock either. I hope it's more of a temporary thing like you see with some of the Gawaith blends, where you can be reasonably sure it will soon be in stock.
jmatt how long have you been looking for it?

May 31, 2012
Dan Pipe may be an option.
I haven't ever ordered from them,

but they are longstanding with a good rep,

and always seem to have Brown Flake on hand...

http://www.danpipe.de/de/Germains/9006-68_GERMAINS-Brown-Flake-50g-Dose_9860
...I have been meaning to place an order with them though,

as I'm quite interested in their Salty Dogs Plug:

http://www.danpipe.de/Neu-im-Shop/8476-50_Salty-Dogs-Plug-Tobacco-50g-Pouch_8007
:puffy:

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I'm recently interested in trying Brown Flake and a couple others but haven't seen it in stock either. I hope it's more of a temporary thing like you see with some of the Gawaith blends, where you can be reasonably sure it will soon be in stock.
You can be reasonably sure it won't soon be in stock. I've seen special latakia flake in stock once at 4 noggins in the past 3 years or so, it's probably less available here than penzance or stonehaven. I would just stick to trying stuff like G&H Brown flake unscented or SG best brown flake. There's no sense in falling in love with an almost impossible to find tobacco when there's so many good one's readily available. To be honest stickframer you could probably find it alot easier at a B&M in Canada but then you're going to be paying around 45$ for a 50 gram tin.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
Thanks Andy. I didn't realize it was so hard to find. I'll save myself the trouble and move on.

sthbkr77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2015
MD
MisterLC, have you had luck with Dan shipping to the US? This opens up some great possibilities.
Edit: reread your post and see you haven't ordered through them yet. Has anyone here?

alexgordon

Lurker
Aug 15, 2015
I'm sure UK members would help out .http://www.mysmokingshop.co.uk/index2.php? my smoking shop has a decent selection .

Status
Not open for further replies.