PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Anyone have any info on this line? My B+M got some old 60-70's Jeantets that are both part of the "Relax" line. I'll post some pics of the two I got tomorrow. They are both rather small pipes.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I have watchd a few on Ebay but never pulled the trigger. I like pipes with small bowls if they are constructed well. Looking forward to the pics.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
78C4A567-3E7E-4D0F-BF90-500B9DED29AC_zpsfxtsji1c.jpg

One is almost a pot shape nose warmer and the other I would call a mini canadian.

spartanfan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2013
I have had one Jeantet but it was not a Relax line. Can't remember the model number now but it was a classic billard shape. From what I have seen there pipes are well constructed and the drilling seems to be fairly well done.

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
These Jeantet pipes look like they would be decent smokers.

I think the knowledge of Jeantet pipes in this forum seems limited and I cannot find anything about their grading system or if there is one before they close down. But they are universally cheat as though they are almost some basket pipes.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Haven't smoked the nosewarmer yet but the other is a great smoker. It has that "old briar" quality where the wood is so dry that it makes a "tink" noise with the pipe nail, almost like its stone. The only pipe I have found this in before was a very old Dr.Grabow that I have. Smokes very dry and very cool once I removed the screw-in stinger. The bowl is on the smaller side with a wide open draw without the stinger but I like that in a Virginia pipe and it smokes 5100 and VaPers like a dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.