PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
Wife made these up for me to use on the tobacco that I smoke most often, what a gal!

DSCF1078.jpg

DSCF1079.jpg

I cut them out and pasted them on with Elmers school glue, aint they fancy!

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Definantly some skills there.. congrats on some awesome looking labels.. wish my wife did stuff like this... I hate to have to do it, usually just stick on a blank label and write on it..

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Maybe could of used some sticker paper and just stuck them on instead of glueing them, either way is better than mine, the basic 1/2" white label!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I'm a big fan of Mason jars and round labels for the lids, but mine are nowhere near as cool are those! :clap:
Craft stores such as Michael's, Jo-Ann's, Hobby Lobby, and others, have paper punches that range over 2" in diameter,

which should alleviate a lot of tedious scissor work. Scotch makes a double sided cellophane tape that holds very well

and is easy to remove when it's time for a label change.
Thanks for posting pictures of those neat color labels. Here's a couple of mine, the first is rather typical, the second

is perhaps my best, to date. I've found the brief blend descriptions and the jarring date to be very helpful.
SampleLabel.jpg
HauntedLabel.jpg

wagnon85

Might Stick Around
Apr 25, 2010
Cool labels! And good idea of storing the jars in a drawer, makes the Mason jar lids a perfect thing to label since that's what you see when you pull it open.
And good idea cortezattic putting a reference date on your labels, I hadn't thought of that when I did mine.
I don't mean to hijack this thread, not meant that, but I had just redone all the labeling on my jars last week and had thought about posting these up for feedback.
I store all my tobacco in 10 and 20 oz Emma jars, and have them stacked on a shelf so I needed some labeling on the sides of the jars so I knew what is what. I am a fan of nostalgic art and old time movie and other types of posters so if I was going to make some labels I should do it up! hehe So for some, like my Squadron Leader one, I used the old time art for the label, same for the EMP with the old Dunhill logo. For others, where I had to build a label from scratch, like Lane 1Q, I tried to use like elements.
I didn't include the date, which would have been a nice addition, but I did include the official tin blurbs or tobaccoreviews.com descriptions to remind me of the ingredients, smells, tastes, etc, as sometimes it blends (no pun) all together. I printed them all out on matte photo paper, cut them out and attached them with double sided tape. I have to say they classed up the joint! hehe
printed-sheet-1-463x600.jpg

sailorsmoke

Lurker
Jun 27, 2012
Mediterranean Sea
I like the weblink choch posted. This is a really good labeling idea. Wonder if someone sells paper stock that could be printed on like round stickers? anyone else see the usefulness of this idea?

will

Might Stick Around
Jul 8, 2012
Those labels look great.

I like buying my bulk stuff from Smokingpipes cause they put printed stickers on their baggies and I just reuse them on my Mason jars.

Status
Not open for further replies.