PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

flymapper

Lurker
Sep 27, 2013
anyone else enjoy his multiple BBC series? Currently watching the "Cars of t he People" series, very enjoyable! Captain Slow does a good job as presenter for these series. Already have watched his toys series, and obviously a fan of 'Capt'n Slow" in both Top Gear and the Amazon series "The Grand Tour".

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
I did a while back! The hamster and Clarkson also have produced solo series. All good.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I enjoyed the Toy series when he built a full size house out of Legos and the episode where he built a 10 mile model train connecting two towns. Fun stuff.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
He’s always interesting and enjoyable. Though largely for simple entertainment his shows almost always manage to be educational as well. Even better, he doesn’t use his shows as a soapbox for politics of any particular flavor. Not to say he doesn’t skewer stupidity where he finds it.

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
I'm a big fan and coincidently DRIVETRIBE literally just uploaded a video of him changing the dust caps on his Ferrari. He pauses in the middle of the job for a puff on his pipe.
Here it is.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
The three of them together are great but I think May stands out among the others in individual presentations.

flymapper

Lurker
Sep 27, 2013
Well, hadn't seen his drivetribe - so a whole new YouTube rabbit hole I got lost in. So thanks for that lol!
Can't believe I didn't know he smoked a pipe...

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
Well, hadn't seen his drivetribe - so a whole new YouTube rabbit hole I got lost in. So thanks for that lol!
Can't believe I didn't know he smoked a pipe...
I believe drivetribe is a magazine type thing owned by Clarkson, Hammond and May. There is a website for it somewhere.
I'm not completely convinced he does actually smoke a pipe and it may have just been for comic effect but I don't know that as fact or fiction. It just happened that I watched that video and the very next thing I did was look at the forum and see your thread with his name on it.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Captain Slow
Love May; he's always been the perfect foil to Jezza. Hamster is just the knee-jerk responder to the pranks played on him. James OTOH thinks it out. He's the methodical one, as opposed to Clarkson's just-barely-leashed chaos. Clarkson: "Did you [insert convoluted revenge plot of choice] my car?!" May: "Might've done." :rofl:
Scott, I'm 100% with you on the Lego house & the Flying Scotsman; I couldn't take my eyes off those shows. Right down to the last shot when there was a Lego, er, "floater" left in the loo!
Bill

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
:crying: -I miss Clarkson/Hammond/May-era TOP GEAR ...
I also really enjoyed CARS OF THE PEOPLE. May is a strong writer and puts an interesting yet valid spin on history. :puffy:
I'm not sure how regularly he smokes a pipe, though he's commented and written on the virtues of the occasional stogie, so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.