PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

klause

Good morning all,
I have seen a beautiful pipe recently (sorry no pics)that i was captivated by.
the only markings on the pipe were: Jørgen Bentsen Elsinore Denmark
I've tried to find out more, but to no avail.
Has anyone heard of this chap, or have one of his pipes?
Any info would be much appreciated.
thanks.
Jason.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Best I figure is that it's a Jorgen Nielsen pipe. I recently got a Bjarne pipe that he's affiliated with and they use the Elsinore term for pipes in their viking line. My guess is that it may be older and just have different markings from a previous partnership or Bentsen might be a custom stamp for a tobacconist. I love my Bjarne so I bet it's a good smoker. Hope that helps.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
A quote from Bjarne Nielsen, "The rustic Elsinore series is stained a rich, dark burgundy with the bowl's rim left smooth. This rugged looking pipe is accented with a rounded nickel band and fitted with a vulcanite stem."
If the shoe fits... Be sure to post some pics.

K

klause

Morning Gentlemen,
thanks for the replies. I'm sorry but i don't have pics of the pipe - you'll just have to take my word that this is a beauty. (if i acquire it at some stage in the future, pics will be shown)
Teufelhund, thanks for info - i ran across something similiar in my searches. All i can add is that this pipe is nothing like the Bjarne (Jorgen Nielsen) line - this really is a pipe in the tradition of the heavy 60's - 70's freehands.
if i come up with anything, or manage to get pics, i'll let you know.
Thanks again.
Jason.

Status
Not open for further replies.