Iwan Ries Nature's Bounty

(3 posts)
  • Started 11 months ago by donjgiles
  • Latest reply from mso489
  1. donjgiles

donjgiles

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Does anyone have info on these freehands from Denmark made for Iwan Ries?

Posted 11 months ago #
  2. chasingembers

Embers

Captain Of The Black Frigate

Login to Send PM

From Pipedia

The Nature's Bounty line of pipes were made for Iwan Ries and Company in the 1960s and made in Denmark. Unfortunately, only speculation exists as to who made the pipes, with Teddy Knudsen and Sixten Ivarrson both suggested as candidates. They were stamped with "IRC" for Iwan Ries and Company over Nature's Bounty over Handmade in Denmark. Examples seen include several freehand pipes with plateau.

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.
    -Edward Teach
    Posted 11 months ago #
  3. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The eternal masquerade of house pipe makers. Much more recently, I bought the last of a line of Chacom green stain billiards, stamped by the maker but made for iwan Ries. Since I've been shopping with them, IRC has had house pipes made by Benton with Algerian briar, an Italian line made by an unidentified maker, and now some handsome pipes made by Genod, the French pipe maker. Too bad the pipes made by master Danish carvers have gone unidentified. That's a real loss to the sellers and buyers of these.

Posted 11 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   bouwser, headhunter, buzkirk, sumusfumus, odobenus, disinformatique, donjgiles, ormazd