PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Noting that there is another thread about Iwan Ries' annual customer appreciation sale, this thread is about limited edition pipes for the 160th anniversary of Chicago's Iwan Ries & Co., the oldest tobacco shop in the country and a mecca for pipe smokers around the world.
IRC commissioned Savinelli to produce a limited run of 160 pipes for their anniversary. It's a custom version of the 673KS model with 3mm airways instead of the usual Savinelli 6mm or 9mm filtered airways.
If you order one by Friday, 9/15, you'll get a 15% discount because of the aforementioned sale week.
Cheers to a legendary B&M tobacconist!
irc160_rus.png

irc160_smooth.png

I wonder who decided that leaving the incised line off of the bulldog was a great idea? Otherwise, they are excellent looking pipes, but to me, without the line separating the cones of the bowl, it's like seeing a portrait that is missing the eyes or the nose.

But, that is a great deal for a commemorative pipe. Great post!!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
+1 for bulldogs with whatever those lines are called: beading is one word I heard.

In any event, I have a Savinelli bulldog without the line(s) and it smokes great.

Also, I think it was smart to opt for a 3mm airway (non-filtered).

Status
Not open for further replies.