PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
I've not picked up a used pipe in quite some time to do a restore. PAD hit me the other day and I knew it was time. I found a Pioneer African Block Meer off fleabay, a K&P Peterson, and a unknown Reject made in London England 801 pipe from two different sellers at the local Antique store. I paid a little more for these than I usually do (kept for the reject), as the meer one had the original package. I told the lady at the store how much the pete would go for (she had quite a few pipes and wanted to know what they should be marked as) then decided to go ahead and buy it myself, wish I bought it before telling her but oh well. Its my second Pete in my collection.
Here they are before cleaning and restoring. The tenon on the meer needs to be twisted around, and I can't find out anything on the 801 model.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Cool, always good to see decent pipe finds at antique stores. I recently educated the owner of one of the shops in town who had a cache of estate pipes. She gave me a decent deal in return. Got a nice big Pete Sherlock Holmes Calabash and a Big Danish Freehand.

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Here is an update to the pipes. The third one in the above pics isn't finish yet I am planning on making it a rustic pipe do to the heavy amount of fills it had.

Yesterday I found another Antique store inside of a 1940's theater, that my wife and I had to check out. I came across 3 pipes in a bag for $10, how could I resist? I didn't get any before pics. Except for the one I'm not going to do anything too, and only one of the Weber right as I took it to the buffer. Here they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.