adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
Hey cajun residents: hold on tight
212842W5_NL_sm.gif

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
You got that right. My rig is moving southwest at about 3 knots trying to get outta the way.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hmmmm.

I wonder if the Mississippi will flow backwards for a short time.
It'll be good to get some real moisture back in the Mississippi Valley.

Just hope it doesn't cause too many problems.

adam12

May 16, 2011
The forecast track looks eerily similar to Katrina, but I am not sure about the predicted strength

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Predicted strength is cat 1. I am currently on call with my unit to head that way should the need arise for disaster relief. we were down there for katrina as well.. lets hope it doesn't

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
7 years to the day since Katrina if if Isaac makes landfall at the big easy on Wednesday. Wow!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
My family is bugging out, moving to higher ground. I am stuck out here in the Gulf. Seas are 5 -10 feet, not too bad yet.

roudoudou

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2012
Montreal
Katrina was a hurricane. Isaac a tropical storm, so it's relatively weaker. Still, it's going to be something!! Haiti just got it (poor people, they seem to collect bad karma).
I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Hang on guys!

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
If Isaac stays on course to the west just a little more, it'll be reaching us in East Texas. I'm about 160 miles north of Houston. And we've been through 2 hurricanes. They were fast and furious and left a lot of destruction. A week's worth of tree work and a week without power was my families worst conditions. We were blessed compared to others.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
It's supposed to be a category 2 hurricane when it makes landfall. Not as bad as Katrina, but bad enough for the lowlying areas.

cajunguy

Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Thanks, Lawrence. The family and I will be all right. We're in a sturdy townhouse that occupies the second and third floors of the building. Flooding shouldn't be a problem, and no trees or such to pose much of a projectile issue.
Just know if I don't message for a couple days, the power/internet is out. If someone wants to drop me an e-mail address, I'll message through my phone should the power go out to let everyone know we're all right.
- Tom

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Hang in there. PM sent for address for updates.
Seas are 5 -10 feet, not too bad yet
:crazy:

I went off-shore fishing in a 36 footer in 3-6 one day. That was rough enough for me

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Last time one reached here, I think it was Ike, a few years ago, I couldn't work because of the rain....so I played golf instead. Had the corse to myself too.

Good luck to all in its direct path.

adam12

May 16, 2011
It appears to be moving west even more each time I check the map...

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Dead trees cut down , check , lawn furniture put away as well as the bird feeders , check , 30gallons fresh water,check ,chain saw ready , check , big blue tarp , check , generator ready,check ,fresh sheets on quest bed check . Hurricanes suck , double check .

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
+1 Igloo, never been in a hurricane but I flew down to new Orleans to help with relief efforts I was really young. Iv gone down there two times afterwords to help clean up with my youth group. 4 years ago and this year. Hoping that the hurricane isn't bad. Stay safe everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.