PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
004-006-8485.jpg

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/italy/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=119661

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Beast in my opinion.
If I want my pipe to look like it's been repaired... I'd break it and repair it lol
Interesting concept though. Might look better without the wire.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Interesting responses!
Personally, not my style either though I can see some liking it. It is very unique, I'll give it that.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I am usually a huge fan of "ugly" pipes, particularly those crazed Charatans from the 60s and 70s. I saw this yesterday and just didnt love it. I respect that its art, but bleh.
That being said, Ser Jacopos in general kick butt.
My 2c.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Beast, and I'll bet it's a beast to smoke -- you've got to suck hard to get the smoke to descend into the lower chamber (its natural tendency being to rise) and into the stem. Is this real? $409.50???

Jul 15, 2011
They say the pipe is fully functional, but how in the French Fried Hell are you supposed to clean that thing? :?
Not for me thank you. Ser Jacopo makes a great pipe I am sure but I prefer function over the fanciful.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
I think it is a pretty creative pipe, that said I like elegant simplicity in what I smoke.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I saw this one and several others like it before this post. I admit my reaction was negative. Now I wonder

why. I don't want to over-think this. Still, it's an interesting question, like a one of those ink blot tests

used to get free-association responses in psychology. When I sit down with a pipe, I want comfort, solace,

contemplation, and serenity. Or I want to wrestle with a challenging or interesting intellectual problem or

challenge (like Sherlock Holmes did). Maybe this pipe and the others like it have a role in this second mode

of pipe smoking. Maybe this is the one you get out when you want to develop a really bizarre chord

progression in a piece of music you're doing, or really get outside the box on some management or writing

problem you're solving. I'm not sure I'd want to smoke this pipe in front of someone else. It's a bit

Dr. Strangelove to the onlooker, I would think. But the fact the pipe's design sets me to thinking is some

sort of credit. This pipe would be a big step for any pipe smoker, a special kind of leap. So I kinda like

it ... but not on my pipe rack. Ha.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I admit my reaction was negative. Now I wonder

why. I don't want to over-think this.
I think I know where you're coming from. However, I've finally learned to trust my instant gut instincts. In the past, every time I convinced myself to purchase a pipe I was on the fence about, I later wished I hadn't.
So now, if my instant reaction isn't love at first sight, I don't buy.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
With the sense of humor I have, I would have wrapped the shank in barbed wire...and it's actually a bit of an illusion- draw a line from the bit to chamber and you'll see the draft hole actually runs straight.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
The lines are just all wrong for me; it seems like it would be an unnatural shape for the briar too. It' a shame too if the two flats were just connected, it would be a beautiful pipe. Somebody who is good at photoshop needs to fix this and repost just so everyone can see what could have been.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
It's like putting a third boob on a woman...
Not totally against it, but very odd.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.