PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

excav8tor

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2010
South Devon, England
I bought an auction lot of old estate pipes a couple of weeks ago and when I got them home I noticed the familiar glimmer of a metal mount from a Peterson's at the bottom of the box. I reached down and picked it up and carefully looked at it.

What I saw left me totally speechless. I'd never come across anything like it before and I sincerely hope I never do again. What I held in my hand was a de-rusticated System 317. Yes, someone had taken a rustic 317 and smoothed it out. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Well, I have to look at the positives, so I now have a spare P-Lip for a 317, a spare Nickel mount and some Briar that I can reduce to dust to use in my filler mix!!!

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Even with buying LOTS of pipes to repair I haven't seen that serious a sin yet. The most common damage being the rims being battered until they need a light topping. Anyway you have donor organs for another abused pipe.

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
Dear...dear God. Who the hell would do something like that? Honestly, it's disgusting. AND IT MAKES NO SENSE TO COLLIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.