PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
By my chair on the go I have Petersons Sunset Breeze,OGS and McConnells Oriental.No Latakia,I ask myself.is my taste changing after all these years?. The OGS is thanks to Kevin's review.Thanks Kevin,if I hadn't read it I would never have tried the blend and look what I would have been missing :clap:

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Tastes tend to change a bit over the years. Also new experiences add to those things we already like.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Heck my tastes seem to change on a daily basis. It has a lot to do with your body chemistry of course; consistency of diet, etc., as well as environmental factors. As long as you keep smoking what you like and liking what you smoke, you're still on the wonderful voyage of discovery that we've all signed up for! And I'm waiting for my tin of OGS as well....

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
One point not mentioned above (all of which are valid IMHO):

With education (e.g. via pipesmagazine.com) your palate has become more sophisticated.

I know that mine has become more discerning, than at any point in the previous 30+ years I have smoked a pipe.

I knew what I liked (brand wise), but I didn't know why, or what the components of those blends actually were.

In learning about each component, and how they interact as described in the review process combined with the opinions of others... A pipe smoker could be and probably is influenced to try something new, and actively look for an aspect of the tobacco (flavor, blend, casing, topping, processes, etc.) that appeals to that individual.

Also with that knowledge, the increased discerning of flavors is an influence on preference.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
It does happen and I have recently had the same thing happen to me. You can read about it here:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/my-tastes-have-changed-drastically

Status
Not open for further replies.