PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Or am I being the only one jacked around by some site vendors? Ordered a certain pipe from one,they sent me the wrong pipe,offered to up-sell me to another,the list goes on.Put an order in with another,Oh,sorry,got lost in the transition,will ship to you and have it by Friday,still no order.The one vender I spent about a Grand with over the last year or so with,think they would want to keep my buisness...

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
I mostly use smoking pipes.com. No problems ever. Also use pipesandcigars.com without issue.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I buy about 90% of every pipe-related purchase (pipes, accessories, tobacco) from smokingpipes.com, a site sponsor.
ZERO problems with countless orders, competitive pricing, the biggest selection by far, the pipe you order is the pipe you get, reasonable shipping cost and lightning fast shipping times (I'm in Miami, so that may help, I-95 being a pretty straight shot).
I usually just order online, but a call to that place is always a pleasure, with knowledgeable folks on the other end of the call and great customer service.
If it were otherwise, I'd say so. But they are my go-to guys for a reason.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
I'll vouch for smokingpipesdotcom. Best in the business. Also 4noggins and pipesandcigarsdotcom. Can't go wrong with those three. As for eBay, why, youse take your chances.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Weezell tell us which sites you had a problem with you don't need to protect there identity. As for if I have had any problems yes, but none that warrant any real grumbling and all taken care of quickly and to my satisfaction.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I only use smokingpipes.com or cupojoes.com and have never had any problems. Infact Cup O Joes allowed me to order a pipe over the phone before it hit the website. I made the order Friday and it was at my door step on Monday.

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
You've been grumbling about p&c at every opportunity.

How long you going to hold that grudge? I've done a lot

Of buisness with p&c,and their service is excelent each time.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I've had great success with SmokingPipes, however, my 3 orders with PipesandCigars have all had issues. I've always had great success with Cigars International so we'll see if things improve now that they own PipesandCigsrs. I hope so.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
So far, no issues with SP.com, P&C or 4Nogs for me.
In fact, of the three, the Noggins is pretty phenomenal. I put an order the first of the week. Not only did Rich find Tennessee on the map, he got the order to my doorstop in three days from Vermont, which we have a hard time pronouncing here. I've ordered from Rich several times, and plan to do so as often as I can again.
I'm happy, too, with SP.com. Good folks who get the job done the right way. I have ordered from P&C and will again, but I'm going to wait until the dust settles with them and CI.
Now, don't get me started on meerschaums. I had my nightmare experience from December to April this year. I won't go into all that again, but my advice is that if you are ordering a meer from a dealer outside the U.S. be very, very, very careful. Do a lot of talking back and forth before you put up your hard-earned money.

Dec 24, 2012
My experience with P&C has been ok, with a couple of incidents of horrible service. Truth be told, I wasn't all that heartbroken when they stopped shipping to Canada, Still, I looked back and since I started smoking pipes last September I dropped $2700 there. I would never buy a pipe there - the crappy pictures they have prevented that from happening. Hopefully, for the sake of my US brothers, now that they are owned by CI, the first order of business will be to update their circa 1997 website and get a proper real time inventory system. I truthfully hope they do well and improve on their customer service. Even though I can't use them anymore, having a successful P&C is in my interest since they do have great prices and force the other sellers to compete on price to some degree.

Wellington

Dec 31, 2012
I didn't realize P&C stopped shipping to Canada, but that makes sense, because I was putting together a cart there and said couldn't ship to my address, I thought it was a glitch on the site. To be honest, i'm not upset either, they have amazing selection, but my few interactions with them through email, especially my first ones which were asking questions regarding shipping to Canada (it was my first ever pipe/tobacco order from anywhere), weren't super 'encouraging.' They weren't jerks, but I didn't have a welcoming impression. I do wonder what their reasons are for not shipping to Canada now anyway, maybe they had enough of the hastle shipping over the border.
I've only ordered from 4Noggins once. No issues, I didn't really communicate with them there, but I got my order and it was just as I had placed it. A lot of people talk about how quick their shipping is, that must be just in the U.S, it was just as slow as P&C was or Smoking Pipes is, which I believe is normal choosing the cheapest method. Thats not a complaint, i'm fine with waiting a couple weeks for my order, I've ordered enough things off the internet to know the cheapest shipping routes take a little while coming over the border. I get what I pay for.
I've now placed a few orders with Smoking Pipes and they're my favourite. Awesome selection of tobaccos and pipes, a lot more so than 4Noggins (at least for the tobaccos i'm interested in). I particularly like that they carry 50g cans of FM's, unlike 4Noggins. I've communicated back and forth a couple times and they're been quite helpful, as long as they keep shipping to Canada, they'll probably be my number one site to order off of, unless I start having botched orders I guess.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I cannot say that I've had any terrible experiences like that. Some minor mistakes here and there, but nothing like that. Very curious who the reseller is. I would recommend SP.com. They are a great example of doing it right.

boudreaux

Apr 7, 2013
Although I'm fairly new as a member here, I am compelled to add my two cents.
FWIW, I've ordered from 4noggins, P&C, Pipeworks and Wilke, and smokingpipes. I also placed one order from eacarey. My orders have come fairly quickly and I've been satisfied with service with the following exceptions.
1. Eacarey - took forever to receive an order and no tracking provided.

2. P & C - ordered some tobacco that was listed as in stock. Received order confirmation right away, but a few days later, a follow up email saying my shipment would be delayed because the item was unavailable. It's been about two weeks now, but have read about the company relocation, so will just wait. Placed two separate orders for same item through SP and received them right away. May call, but no rush now.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I have never had a problem with a single online pipe company. The fraternity is too small to permit that. There must be a misunderstanding which can certainly be cleared up.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
P&C has been great for me. Had one pipe that arrived with the smallest hole in a rusticated grove. Now way it could have been scene before smoking. Emailed them photos and a day later had a phone call asking it be sent back, while on the phone the man had me go on the site and picked me out another. Now I payed for the shipping back but the pipe they sent me instead was 30 more than I originally spent. Hate to hear anyone had trouble with them

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I have had a few bumps along the way ,but they were always resolved quickly and fairly with just a phone call or email . Everyone makes mistakes but as long as it works out ,no worries . My orders are pretty big as I only place one each month between a one hundred and hundred fifty bucks. I have been shorted tins, sent too many tins and once a pipe was out of stock so I told them to just pick me out another from the same line . Every time it worked out in my favor . I use Pipes and Cigars and Smokingpipes.com the most .

Status
Not open for further replies.