PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sometimes I wonder if buying pipes is too much fun. If it weren't a sort of high, I'd be able to wait

longer and save more and make more significant purchases. But the enjoyment of picking one

out, waiting for delivery, and enjoying the new pipe arrival pressures me into buying. If I had half

as many pipes averaging twice the price, it might make a better stable, but I wouldn't part with

most of mine as they are.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Since I just pulled the trigger on a Savinelli Tandem, I'd have to agree. I love feeling "pipe rich", even though it means I'm money poor.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
It sure is, especially when you get something that you really want. My most favorite buys have been my estate Pioneer Calabash and a T. Polinski Freehand Poker. I greatly anticipate any buy, but those two felt like LONG waits, especially the Polinski coming from Poland. Took just over a week to show up after it was shipped. The Calabash only took a few days and I couldn't wait to get home.
There is a reason we call it an acquisition disorder.

owen

Part of the Furniture Now
May 28, 2014
Yes indeed.

My little pipe notebook is full of comparisons of pipes styles I want, ideal weights, makers I want all waiting for cash, pipes divided up by price ranges. It is fun to look at the pipes I was certain to purchase next payday but something else came along. Also all the things being chased on e bay, waiting for the postman dashing home from work hoping a new pipe has arrived. Going to flea markets, boot sales and antique shops.
Its the same with tobacco to.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I really try to abide my rule of no bidding on more pipes until the last one arrives but I'm already up to three for this week! I've got some interesting stuff on the way in including a Ben Neves Cutty clay pipe which is unusual for me. Even with those three pipes I'm under my $20.00 limit so I won't be going broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.