PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
For those who enjoy the magic created when grains, water, yeast, heat and time are allowed to have their way with one another, what's your favorite.
I enjoy bourbon (Knob Creek, Booker's) and its cousin, Tennessee whiskey (JD, George Dickell).
I have certainly had some wonderful Scotch whisky* (Glenmorangie; Balvenie).
But for me, it comes down ultimately to Irish whiskey.* If there is finer hooch anywhere than Jameson** 1780 generally available to the common man, I haven't had it.
* As a half-Irishman, I like to tease my Scottish brothers that we all agreed to leave the "e" out of their version since we knew they had enough trouble with spelling.
** Traditionally, Jameson was the "Catholic" Irish whiskey and Bushmill's was the "Protestant" one. Raised Cahtolic I'm now a Protestant but still drink Jameson in a spirit of ecumenicism. (Plus, they are now made n the same distillery.) I do retain my pro-Republican feelings in full measure.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Jameson is my favorite as well, but I also find Feckin' Irish Whiskey to be almost as good as Jameson, just a little less smooth... Have two Jameson's and you won't taste any difference... :rofl:
-Jason

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
Ezra Brooks is my Bourbon of choice, but I've always been a fan of the Jameson.

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
Jameson is a fine whiskey but my drink of choice would have to be Laphroaig 10 year scotch because it tastes like liquid smoke! Irish whiskey and Bourbon are still great drinks and sometimes one is just in the mood for some. Also, though I am Canadian, I hate rye whiskey!

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
When I did partake of "Gods fire" it was tullymore dew. also i enjoyed a wee dram of black bush.

:worship:

gentlemanjerry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
Every evening dram - The Glenlivet - For something "really" special - Laphroaig "The Latakia" of Scotch!

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I also am a big fan of Jamesons for every day sipping, but I am more likely to be found sipping a Scottish whisky when the mood strikes me. My current favourite is Ardbeg 10 year. Very concentrated with smoke, seaweed, iodine, leather and medicinal qualities balanced by sweet toffee notes. It is very similar to a well done English tobacco containing latakia.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
I am not a fan of Scotch for some reason, but Irish yes sirree! Jamesons is great in it's many varieties, but I also like Green Spot quite a bit. Crown Royal will do for everyday sipping and a few high proof whiskeys in the cabinet like Booker's, Knob Creek, and the popular cleaner Baccardi 151.

Status
Not open for further replies.