PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodo

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 1, 2014
Central Arkansas
Has anyone visited either the Invicta makers in Stanbridge of the Blakemar makers in Litchborough? They are a bit out of the way if one is in London, but not impossible. Just wondering if anyone went, if they recommend the trip and the visit.

bentbob

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2015
I have not been personally, but the UK Pipe & Tobacco Club members regularly visit Blakemar.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I've to blakemars quite a few times. When I've been working nearby & popped in, as well as going along with the London pipe club boys.

Mike (the owner/pipemaker) is an absolute gentleman. Always got time to down tools, & listen to your wants & preferences. You want to come along with the pipe club, as they take the whole workshop over! Food & drinks laid on, & it's a very enjoyable & interesting day.

I've never been to invicta briars place, but I have met him a few times at the CLA game fair at bleinham palace. He always has a stand there selling his pipes & tobacco.

Hope this helps, Simon.

bentbob

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2015
Are you a member of PCOL Simon? I did see a few pics posted on the UKPTC pages with Rob Kimberley et al. Blakemar is only an hour or two's drive from me but never seem to have the time to nip down.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I am Bob, but living in Hereford get to hardly any meetings. Highly recommend you go there with PCOL, & all members get a 10% off pipes!

Best regards, Simon.

bentbob

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2015
Thanks for the tip! I was speaking to Bernard at the Pipe Show in Nottingham last summer and did say I would go along.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Keep your eyes on their website calendar. They go twice a year (I think) somewhere near Spring & Autumn.

Status
Not open for further replies.