Introduction from WooPigPiper! (u/feernot on Reddit)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

woopigpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Arkansas
Hello fellow pipe smokers! I'm a verified and mostly Reddit guy (u/feernot) on the r/PipeTobacco/ sub, but I've been a lurker on here for quite some time. In fact, I've even had a few guys graciously sell me some tins even though I've never posted anything official here.
Anyways, I love the pipe smoking communities in general on Instagram, YouTube, Reddit, and of course the finest Pipe forum on the internet: Pipesmagazine.com. I'm proud to join you and hope to read and only occasionally add my thoughts on a few things.
I'm a Southern fella and you'll occasionally here me call the Hogs. I love pipes and pipe tobacco and can often be found shooting the breeze with other smokers at Winston's Pipe & Cigar Emporium in Fort Smith, AR. I've got an extensive cellar and collection brought on by the worst and most acute cases of PAD/TAD. Therefore, I'm here to make sure we all have the appropriate level of support in our shared disease diagnoses.
I'm happy to be here! Thank you.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Perfect introduction. Glad to have you here, and we hope learn from your experiences. So don't be shy and post as often as you like!

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Welcome, my friend. Can you post a link to the Reddit subforum you frequent? I've been meaning to check some Reddit stuff out.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I am new to the subreddit /pipetobacco. I am SmokeOnTheWater17 there. And another southerner here... All Dawg. But hoping against hope that I land the job I am shooting for in hurricane country, Mobile, Alabama.

woopigpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Arkansas
I am new to the subreddit /pipetobacco. I am SmokeOnTheWater17 there. And another southerner here... All Dawg. But hoping against hope that I land the job I am shooting for in hurricane country, Mobile, Alabama.
Well at least we can agree on some mutual SEC love then, eh? Haha. Nice to meet you.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Welcome Woopig. Missouri, where I am, isn't really very Southern unless you get away from the bigger cities, but Mizzou IS in the SEC now.

woopigpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Arkansas
Welcome Woopig. Missouri, where I am, isn't really very Southern unless you get away from the bigger cities, but Mizzou IS in the SEC now.
Yes it is! And I guess there is supposed to be a rivalry there? Either way, I give MO a big pass because it contains a river I frequent (Elk River in Noel, MO) AND my beloved McClelland's in KC. Thanks for the warm welcome, my friend.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Killer intro, WooPigPiper.
I grew up in Joplin, canoed and tubed many stretches of the Elk and my dad got his Endurance Degree at the UofA - Fayetteville. (By any chance, are you old enough to remember the Ginger Blue Resort?)
Stan, when Missouri was bifurcated at the start of the Civil War, the Confederate capitol was located in Neosho; a pretty little town 15 miles south of Joplin. Folks down there regard themselves as being on the right side of the Mason-Dixon line. (Our MSO489 knows Neosho well.)
Glad you're here, Razorback.
Fnord

woopigpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Arkansas
I grew up in Joplin, canoed and tubed many stretches of the Elk and my dad got his Endurance Degree at the UofA - Fayetteville. (By any chance, are you old enough to remember the Ginger Blue Resort?)
Thanks Fnord! I'm 30 years old and have only floated the Elk for the past 4 years. Wayside is the place I spend most of my time at BUT I have heard of the Ginger Blue Resort. In fact, I saw something about it being renovated and possibly re-opened this year?
Does your dad still keep up with the Heartbreak Hogs? ;)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife is a food writer and I accompanied her to a free range hog farm a couple years ago in Morganton, N.C. where C&D tobacco blending used to be located too. We enjoyed "meeting" the hogs hustling around in the woods, and especially were so fortunate as to quietly approach the nest of a sow and her six or eight newborns where she settled to give birth in a little ring of leaves and twigs. I love bacon and other pork products, but I respect the pigs from whence they come. Real sharp young farmer who had graduated from a college program in agriculture. Interestingly, none of the locals recognized nor could direct me to the whereabouts of Cornell and Diehl, the tobacco blenders now relocated to Smokingpipes.com in S.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.