Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I've interviewed several people over the past years and decades in many different roles and endeavors, but nobody has ever interviewed me ... until now.
Olie Sylvestor is an artist, graphic designer, pipe maker, father, husband, and all around really cool guy.
He also has been producing the OomPaul Podcast for several years, and I was honored that he asked me to do an interview.
We mostly talk about the PipesMagazine.com business, and there are several background, behind-the-scenes stories that have never been told, which you may find interesting.
At the end of the interview, Olie asked me some personal questions, and the answers may surprise you.
Take a listen and let me know what you think.
The following link is the intro to the interview. After the brief intro, there is a link to the MP3 file with my interview, along with two other links; The NPR show I was on, and my interview with Mad Men actor Michael Gladis.

http://oompaulpodcast.squarespace.com/oompaul-podcast/2013/3/7/kevin-godbee-episode-44.html
Alternatively, the OomPaul iTunes channel is here:

https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/oompaul.com/id275410140?mt=2

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Listened to the first half on the way to work. Will listen to the second half during my lunch hour jog. Yes, I REALLY tend to rock out while excercising!!!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I don't think Kevin has the guts to stand up to an interview with Brian :) Glad to hear you on Oom Paul, Kevin is most definatley "the man." Just a great businessman, interesting person, and wonderful human being in general as are most of the people here.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Just DL'd it a few momemnts ago.
Will give it a listen this afternoon with a lit pipe!

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Am listening to the program now. Very nice interview. Thanks Kevin for letting us know about it.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Kevin, you were great.
I think the host could have done a better job though. Sounded as if he was reading questions to you off of a piece of paper... It didn't flow very well, but I liked your energy.
His monotoned questioning gives a strange feeling to the interview.
If I didn't know any better I wouldn't have known he made or smokes pipes. The connection wasn't very strong there. I'm used to podcasts being very fun and the host relating with their guests and so forth.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Cool listen mate. Enjoyed some of the questions and answers. I can loan you my 20 pound, 5 yr old cat (Bo) for a weekend or so if you want, but I'll warn you in advance, he sleeps alot. hahhah

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I am a big fan of Olie's and his contribution to the hobby. He does have a quiet understated speaking style which some may not appreciate, but give him time he will grow on you. For those of you that have never conducted a lengthy interview I can tell you it is next to impossible to follow a script from beginning to end. You have to go where the answers take you.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I just finished listening to the interview and it was great. The numbers about how many unique visitors was really impressive, it shows that people have a real interest in this site which is a testament to how good a job Kevin is doing promoting our great hobby. I am sure the growth will continue as there is no other site that has the amount of content this site has. Plus we definitely have the best forums, most informed, and most educated posters on the net. lol

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Excellent interview Kevin - well done.
I think the host could have done a better job though. Sounded as if he was reading questions to you off of a piece of paper... It didn't flow very well, but I liked your energy.
+1
The interviewer at times seemed distracted like he was't listening at times. Still, a very entertaining interview anyway.
testament to how good a job Kevin is doing promoting our great hobby. I am sure the growth will continue as there is no other site that has the amount of content this site has. Plus we definitely have the best forums, most informed, and most educated posters on the net.
+1

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
Great interview, Kevin.

I found the statistics on growth of pipe smokers and of the forum interesting, specially the comparison with the size of cigar smoker forums.

I share your love of Comoys, especially their Canadian shape 309.

Status
Not open for further replies.