Interesting Encounter With The Company Owner Today....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
Today I was working away as usual with a cob clenched in my teeth when a gentleman of about 65 comes up to me. He asked if my name was Nathan. I said yes sir it is unless I'm wearing the wrong shirt. He chuckled at my comment, and stated " I hear you're a hard SOB Nathan." I looked at him and asked why he thought that might be true. He said that whilst I maybe the only handicapped person working there I to twice the work of a healthy man. To which my reply was "Sir often times I get left in charge around here. So in order for me to get respect unlike the bumbling jackass who runs this place, I work hard, and I make no excuses. I wouldn't ask any man to do what I couldn't do myself." He just stared at me for a minute and asked "Were you a soldier?" To which my reply was " No man ever WAS a soldier sir. You either are, or you aren't. I am a Ranger." He offered me a management position on the spot. Bu I declined because in a couple of weeks the bike shop will open again and I'll only be there part time. But this just go to show what kin of respect a man will get when he works as hard as he can, and makes no excuses for his mistakes.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
@anthony Every since I've worked there I've been a thorn in my bosses side. Because I don't cower down. But it has gotten noticed. An the only reason I can do that is because I break my back!

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
so the company owner takes the time to come and talk with you personally to offer you a promotion and you turn him down for a summer job at a bike shop?

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
@dochudson I know it sounds stupid. But I have a passion for bikes. I'm just not wired for a desk.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
In under a year you have posted enough stories/situations to make a 10 part made for tv movie series. Suprised you have time to even smoke!!!

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I agree with dervis. Maybe at least he could give you a raise? I do the work of two men, you pay me a wage-and-a-half, I'll save you half a wage! I lived with a guy that did that; when interviewing he said just that - watch me for two weeks and see if I'm correct and he got his wage-and-a-half.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
@dervis

In under a year you have posted enough stories/situations to make a 10 part made for tv movie series. Suprised you have time to even smoke!!!
Great minds think alike.
PipesMagazine.com is in negotiations for the made for TV Internet movie right now.
But first, I have to save a baby from a burning building.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
I know it seems like alot but most of the stories take longer to read than yet happen. This encounter took a whole whopping five minutes. Thought you guys might like to hear it. Guess not.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
I thought I would share some stories about funny/nice points in my life. But maybe you would rather fucking hear about me wanting to blow my god dammed brains out every single fucking night because I can't sleep do to nightmares. I thought this place was a nice escape. But fuck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.