PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
Inbreeding, I've seen things like this in the hills of West Virginia, while visiting my relatives.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ridiculous and wonderful at once. This harkens back to when pipes were a competitive product in a different way, volume sales and a war of the patents. The holdover is the twin bore through one stem of which I have one -- but with the twin bore, there's virtually no added weight or bulk. Yes, this twin stem deal is tempting, but other than showing it off and letting it collect dust, I don't think you'd get much out of it. Looks like an exhaust manifold.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I have 2 Design Berlin Magnum pipes that have "dual exhaust ports"(my term... I guess they're really inxhaust ports tho). But they're drilled into one and the same mouthpiece/stem. All I've noticed is I have to run the pipe cleaner twice I have to run the pipe cleaner twice. A gimmick pehaps. Love the pipes tho.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I wonder if it's just a simple double airway or some kind of system, like this one:
EPhnPnk.jpg

danlaxx1

Lurker
May 19, 2016
I actually won this auction and got it in the mail yesterday. It's a fun, unique and great looking pipe! I do feel that I overpaid for it a little but it's unique and I was kind of set on adding it to the collection.
I made a thread last night asking for any info on it because I couldn't seem to find much.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/wdc-duplex-any-help

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Amazing! I think that's extremely adventurous. I hope you'll update Forums once it arrives and if you smoke it. What a great piece of pipe history. If it doesn't make your standard rotation, I'd think of some annual date -- New Years Eve, St. Patrick's, or some day -- when you smoke your double barrel. It's very cool.

danlaxx1

Lurker
May 19, 2016
Thank you for the kind words. I'm still trying to look up any history about it, mainly when it was made. I'm also thinking of sending out and getting it restored. It's in good condition overall but it could be cleaned up a bit and that's a little more than I can handle!

danlaxx1

Lurker
May 19, 2016
Shortly after I responded to the thread stating that I won this auction, I received a message from Shaintiques (Dave) offering to help me restore this little guy. I took him up on it and I received the pipe back (and some unwarranted tobacco!) yesterday. He made this thing look brand new! The pictures don't do it justice. Thanks again for everything Dave!
P6140031_zpsybbaz0av.jpg

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yeah was happy to do it. Dan asked me to polish the metal, wax the bowl, and brighten the lettering. I was thrilled to get this baby in hand just to have a look at it. I took a before and after comparison.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Ha! The double barrel shotgun of the pipe world! if John Wayne smoked a pipe, I'd bet it would be something like this! I can't wait to hear how it smokes!

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
After inspecting the design I think it has a sort of reverse calabash or well design. Below the double draft stem is a chamber. Should be a dry smoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.