PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
Evening all. Trying to help a friend who is trying to recreate a blend her father smoked. From what she remembers it was called US tobacco 324 or 327. She says it was made by a company named US Tobacco that went out of business some time ago. She says she thinks it had a tobacco called Lambs Ear in it. She is trying to figure out what was in it so she can try to get some blended. Ring any bells with anyone?

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Tracking down info on US Tobacco blends is difficult because at one point they sold off most, if not all of their brands to Philip Morris, and I would expect that a number of the old blends were dropped by PM.
Russ

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
She says she thinks it had a tobacco called Lambs Ear in it.
Maybe she's thinking of Boar's Head. It was made by the American Tobacco Company. Not the name of a particular tobacco type, of course, but that was the name of the blend.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It seems she is trying to recreate a room note, and it might help if she could describe the scent, to see if it is like deer tongue, or lambs ear (I guess these are both mints) or something else. If she is after a vanilla or cocoa scent, this could be the wrong track. A little nostalgic reminiscence on her part might put her on the right track or make it easier to help her.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
It seems she is trying to recreate a room note, and it might help if she could describe the scent, to see if it is like deer tongue, or lambs ear (I guess these are both mints) or something else.- MSO489
If she's going to describe the scent, I sure hope it's not Heine's Blend that she remembers. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.