PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
I cant find any info on this pipe! It is awesome but just not for me, so I want to sell/trade it but I am coming up with nothing! Did the Google thing and E-Bay's listings including ended auctions and still not much.

Has anyone bought or seen one like this? I just need to be a little better informed so I dont rip myself off or ask too much! When I posted this pipe showing it off there was some immediate interest in buying and it will be for trade/sale as soon as I can figure out what I should price it at!

comoys1004.jpg

strave19

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2011
This is not in as good of shape but it may be close? Though I think the "everyman" line, judging my the name, is a lower-end one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160651255225?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Most new Comoy's appear to be over $100.
Why not just set the price at what you payed plus time for restoration, plus 20% :twisted: ...PS I want that pipe

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The best way to date a Comoys I've learned is the stem logo. Is the one on your pipe drilled or laser imprinted. At some point in the mid 90's, they switched to the laser imprint.

I had a hard time dating a price point to my recently acquired Deluxe. I've learned it is not an exact science with Comoys.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
This one has a three step logo process that I read about a few days ago. They first drill a hole, then they set in a white dot which is drill to leave an "O". This "O" is then drilled and filled with a black circle. This black circle then has a small hole drilled into it to form a "C". I can see why they quit doing this, it's a lot of steps!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Then that is definitely an older Comoys. This might help,if you have not already seen it:

http://www.derek-green.com/comoy_history03.htm

The other dating aspect is the nomenclature stamping on the briar.

Status
Not open for further replies.