PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I had got this from shantiques a little while ago, along with some Virginia packages, and simply couldn't believe it. He sent it when I mentioned in one posting how the heel of my tamper fell off, and I suggested to someone to try superglue. A few days later, this arrived:

001-545-0121.jpg

001-545-0121_1.jpg

As you can see, the tamper comes apart to one tool, the tamper itself, and a scrrewdriver shaped pick. It's made by Rattray, and is just incredibly sophisticated. I use this tamper for special occasions and apprearances. But I can't express how grateful I am to shantiques. What a guy.

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
Beautiful piece. A very nice gesture.
That style of tool carries so much nicer in the pocket than a czech tool in my opinion.(after a while my czech tools loosen up and can open in my pocket, a little too unnerving in my mind to have a metal spike that close to a tender area)

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Thanks Fred but I am just the sender, that beautiful tamper was donated to the FPP by Mike at Briar Blues. He has sent many other nice pipes and accessories and the tamper is just one of those.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
I had a couple of those Czech tools that are held together by a rivet. I have had the same problem of the rivet loosening up. All I did was to take a pair of water pump pliers and squeeze the rivet to tighten it.
Now I use a Castleford pipe tool.
Daniel sorry to hear your S Bang broke.
John

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
People like shantiques and Mike restore, and many others on this forum, revive my faith in the human race.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Great looking tool. Like the nesting style.The generosity of the members is to be commended. Not common enough these days to see genuine generosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.