PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2011
Just a great/ full draw design, they smoke whatever you put in them well. Now I have five of them; mixed designs (Spiral, two shot shell rusticated bent eggs, bent rusticated volcano

and a rusticated OP) all great smokers- I have the OP setup for Aro and Burley blends, Spiral , one shot shell and the volcano for Vs and one shot shell for English blends
You can't go wrong with a Boswell; all hand-made in the USA and can score one for $99-$150 on your basic designs / med-sized
Smoking some C&D Lunchtime Blues in the Shot-shell rusticated bent Egg now w/side of coffee....wow; I need to start smoking these pipes more often...the oriental leaf

in this blend is singing her sweet sweet song for me

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Dragon: I own six Boswells. They are some of the very finest pipes I have!
To say that I love them is understatement. As you said, they have a full draw, smoke like a charm and if you put some J.M.'s blends in them, you will think you have not only found Valhalla, but also have found a permanent residence.
I check the Boswell website every week! Never miss, because I'm afraid I might miss something.
Smoke on!

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
I sold a very small bent estate Boswell on an auction site last week. I described it perfectly as a small pipe with dimensions and the buyer sent it back saying that it was too small for him. WTH. I guess I'll keep it and smoke it, I know how great they are. And he bought it for a steal, so actually I'm glad to have it back!!!

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Good for you, Doc. I'm amazed that someone got a "steal" on a Boswell and returned it, saying it was too small. I have one of J.M.'s small, small nosewarmers. It takes a minimum of tobacco for a quick, easy smoke. Wonderful from match to white ash.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Agree 100% Dragon - The other thing I love about Boswell pipes are the Boswells themselves. Such GREAT solid people to deal with. I have a ton of their tobacco (well, not exactly a ton but you know what I mean). They are the first place I go to when I have the itch.....

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
Hear, hear!
I have three of his pipes and the draw and construction are quite good. I particularly like the extremely comfortable stems - all vulcanite.
It seems he is concentrating his energies on jumbo pipes (my pipes are all on the small side) and lucite stems. They remind me of 16-cylinder cars -- even if I could afford one, I couldn't afford to fill it up!
JumboXXXJM_001_zps2f045442.jpg

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
I love the pipes and the Boswell's have been great to do business with. I haven't purchased from them in a couple of years however. I love it for their business that they were in Forbes. Unfortunately shortly after came a price increase. I was one of those people who sat there on update day coffee in hand, refresh button ready, had dialed amd hung up so i could hit redial. The first time i hit refresh and saw a new pipe load up i would hit redial and start looking. Now they are up for several days before all are sold, but the prices are so much higher. Still a value at the current prices, but I wish they hadn't gone up.

B

Status
Not open for further replies.