In A Tough Spot, No More Pipe Tobacco...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Well I found myself between a rock and a hard place tonight. I have a passion for duck hunting, and have been trying to convince my lovely wife to no avail. We were discussing it again tonight, and she finally made me an offer. If I refrained from any pipe tobacco purchases for a year then I could get my duck dog. I made the deal, and the pups are due to be born July 7th, and now I wait. The light at the end of the tunnel.... She only bargained for no tobacco purchases, no specifications to include PIPES!!!

B

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
A whole year? 8O
Sounds like you need to recruit a few straw purchasers. Maybe an alternate PayPal account, cover story, etc.
...not that I have ever done or condone such actions

Dec 24, 2012
Good lord man, you never should have made that deal without your lawyer present. Then again, it may not be such a bad deal - you get the dog and if your wife is anything like mine, she wouldn't have a clue what tobacco is new and what isn't.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Well you surely don't "NEED" a duck dog, but I have wanted one badly. I have always retrieved my birds by wading out. And I also bought a boat a few weeks ago for duck hunting. So it's just another investment.
Peck, what lawyer? Lol.
Luckily, my cellar currently is good for about 10 years. So a fear of running short isn't a problem. As well there are about 20 tins in transit to me currently.

B

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
I also recently acquired a decent amount of fly fishing gear from a buddy who decided to let that hobby go for pennies on the dollar. My brother was quick to step forward willing to trade pipe tobacco orders for fly fishing gear! Lol.

B

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Duck hunter here. Brutal bargain, brutal choice.
If forced to choose, Mrs Perique would be on match.com while I smoked a pipe and hunted. :eek:
(just kidding, lovely Miss Perique....)
(I think)
Side note, we are also in the market for a new gun dog. Favoring English field spaniels make us in the great minority, especially down South. And the breeders are few and far between. Congratulations on your impending puppy!

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Yup, this is what the cellar is good for: when the gauntlet has been thrown.
And like others said, if she is anything like my woman, she won't know what is new and isn't. Mine still sees a pipe and is like "when did you buy that?"
"Months ago." Sometimes that is the truth, sometimes it is not ... she doesn't know what is and isn't new.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Switch to smoking rope tobacco. If she asks say the dog did it, just cleaning up honey. :)

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
So ... you got the boat, new fly fishing gear, dog is on it's way and enough tobacco for 10 years?
I'm trying really hard but not seeing the "tough spot". :rofl: Congrats!!
A neighbor back in IL raised and trained black labs. What breed did you pick?

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Cobguy, you have a hard point to argue. I just enjoy adding to my cellar!
I am getting a female lab. Litter is due July 7th, and I'm hoping for a chocolate. Will take a yellow or black though.

B

Status
Not open for further replies.