PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I have coveted a meershaum for a while. I am clueless as to what to get. There is a local B&M to whom I am not crazy about that apparantly was quite the pipe shop in the past, but now is a cigar only outlet. They have some old stock of pipes, but when I ask any questions they are not very helpful.

They have a Servi basket weave. They have it priced at $190. I asked if they could do anything on the price and they offered me about $10 off.

Briefly it is a relatively small bowl (I can get my whole pinky in the bowl), it has a screw in bit.

I love the design, but don't really know anything about the maker.

Looking for opinions about the maker. I would loved to have taken a picture but the people at the B&M would probably would have had a heart attack.

Am I better off looking else where... The Shop is about as helpful as a canker sore, and I don't like giving my business to them, but the pipe is crying for a pipers loving touch.

Opinions, input?

jerry

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 2, 2009
Western Massachusetts
Without seeing a picture, and based on your description (small bowl, screw-in bit), I'd say, yes, you are probably better off looking somewhere else. For $180 I think you can do much better than that. Regarding the maker, Servi pipes are generally considered to be a reliable brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.