PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
I have been away for a bit, feels like a year but it's been a month or so I think. I sure have some catching up to do!
But some good news!! I'm so stoked right now! I FINALLY found a full time job!! It's been a long hard struggle but I am very happy. I took all of the advice to heart that everyone gave me a month or so ago and started looking for jobs outside of my direct experience. I was a CNC machinist for 5 years and had trouble finding work there. Well, today I was offered a full time job at a distribution company which is a hell of a lot better than what I was getting. Went from minimum wage to $12 an hour. Stable company with lots of work and job security. I can't wait to start! The work week is four 10hr shifts which is pretty nice. Lots of overtime offered once you prove yourself also.
So this is to you mso489, go ahead and buy that car because the market may finally be up (you had to be there to understand that one). Thanks everyone once again for the encouragement, I will finally be able to grow with a company and eventually not be smoking my mixings jars of tobacco LOL!

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Good for you!! Patience is a virtue, and good things come for those that wait! It will only get better, man. I've been through it, and it sucks, but its in the rearview now! :D

frank13

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2014
Bakersfield, CA
Fantastic!! Congratulations!
e10428.gif

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Good on you, Redbeard!
Many of us have been down but never out. We just keep reinventing ourselves and acquire additional skill sets.
You went outside the box and scored, bub.
Well done.
Fnord

sidious

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2014
Congrats on the new job. I'm glad everything worked out. It sounds like you found yourself a great fresh start.

Status
Not open for further replies.