PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Packed in a hurry to visit my son in D.C. Grabbed the tobacco, lighters, tamper and off we went. I get to his apartment 7 hours later and realize I did not bring a pipe. Now I'm in one of the most expensive areas in the States and the thought of buying a pipe here sends chills down my spine. I guess I'll just wait till I get home to light up.

bcharles123

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Curtis Draper has a large selection of pipes and pipe tobacco. I was there recently a few minutes before they closed but it seems they a very wide selection of pipes ranging from inexpensive to very high. Estates too. In any case, it's not far from the White House so you may want to step inside.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'd rather have an old friend on a trip than a new pipe, unless I was buying one at its place of manufacture. But in a pinch, a cob will do it.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Cob. Go to smokingpipes . com. order two with expedited delivery.

OR better, order a briar you always wanted anyway.

hakchuma

Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
Keep a back pack in the trunk of your vehicle and supply it with tobacco, talking sticks, empty water bottles etc that you would like to use if you ever end up at a place you would like to hike etc. Baccy in jar too.
Reserve it explicitly for the car and never bring it in home.

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
For those who mentioned buying a cob. Ya the cob is what I forgot. Those are what I smoke the most. But even the thought of paying more than the usual price for a cob irritates me. Remember, I'm the guy who did not want pay $300 for a new 40 inch flat screen TV.
Charles thanks for the info re: Curtis Draper.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Life is too short to fret over the possibility of spending an extra dollar

on a corn cob pipe IMHO.while there is no DC Frugal Hoosier, I doubt

the cost of a fancy big city cob is that out of line with home.

Mike S.

mvmadore

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2015
Northern NY
An opportunity to buy a nice basket pipe. Keep it in your glove box with some tobacco, tamper and cleaners...mobile smoking kit when you forget...

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I keep two cobs in my pick-up. It's like American Express - Never Leave Home Without It.

Status
Not open for further replies.