PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
I'm finally getting my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow so i wont be smoking for a couple days. Kinda bummed but I'm so relieved that I wont be in pain anymore.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Sometimes a break does wonders. When you come back the pipes will taste even better. I do it often intentionally just to shake up rhe rotation, and get a new spin on things. Sometimes change is good.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I had my Wisdom Teeth ripped out of their sockets when I was 27. It was a piece of cake. Sure, I bled like a stuck pig for a day or two and felt like someone was using a jackhammer on my jaw for a week. But hey, it passed and I lived to tell the story. Of course, after having those Wisdom Teeth taken out I wasn't as smart as I used to be, but then, I never was the sharpest tool in the shed anyway.
On a serious note corny, you'll be a lot happier with those things out of the hanger.
Best,

Pipestud

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Good luck with the extractions.. I had one done several months ago and it was long overdue. Even better for it now as you will be. :puffy:

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I had mine taken out after finals one semester of college. The stress caused them to cause more pain. My tip...come day 3 or 4, a food processor is your friend. The last thing you want is to get a piece of food stuck in there. Good luck, it was incredible when I got mine removed and healed.

Aug 1, 2012
Good luck and don't rush things. Dry socket is no walk in the park. Do what the doc says and you'll be just fine in no time.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Three out of four of mine were impacted. They had to cut part of the jaw away. It was 20+ years ago however. Tons of blood when I came up from the gas. I smoked the next day. If you sip you will be ok. Just don't try to suck like you're drinking a milkshake and you will be fine. Be safe and follow the dentist's recommendations.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I had one pulled in May the dentist laid out a chisel and hammer but she got lucky and pulled it on the first try . Funny thing is I barely bled but the socket is just now healed over .

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
The key to wisdom teeth is the post op care. If you keep I've on it for 6-8 hours after surgery it does wonders. I had 4 cut out at once and was at a concert that night, and was fine. No pain, and I was good to go. Use gallon freezer bags and put some rubbing alcohol in the water so it freezes like a slush. Then use tube socks to put the ice packs in. Tie them on(1 to each jaw) and have extra ice packs in the freezer. Rotate them out and keep them on it. Works wonders I tell you.

B

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Good luck! Follow your post-op advice to the letter and you'll do fine. I never developed wisdom teeth (yeah, I'm a mutant...), but I had all sorts of other oral surgeries, and the pain is well worth the final results.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
Just avoid the dry sockets. I didn't get them personally but a few friends who did damn dry sockets to the darkest corners of hell.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Oh, and also 2 days after I made the mistake of being irritated by the stitches. 1 was tied off with too much length left on so I ended up pulling my stitches out the 2nd day. I wouldn't recommend doing that. I should've just gone by his office and had him cut it shorter where i couldn't feel it.

B

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Best of luck corncopb guy. I still have mine. So far x-rays show they're fine, but one day I still may have to have it done. Not looking forward to it if and when the time comes.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Good luck. I had mine pulled and didn't feel a thing other than the pliers in the back of my mouth. ha ha

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
We'll I'm home. The dentist had to break part of my jaw and cut it out to get the last tooth out but I'm breathing. All in all it wasn't that bad. I only had to get two stitches(both on the same socket) My jaw hurt's like crazy but at least I don't go back to work until Sat. Thanks for all the best wishes everybody,I wasn't afraid, but I would be lying if I said i wasn't nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.