If You Would Like to See the Return of Edgeworth...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
If you are interested in seeing the blend formerly known as Edgeworth Ready-Rubbed returned to the United States market (although most probably under a different name due to legal issues with copyright), then please contact Mr. Lenonard Wortzel and let him know! His contact information is as follows:
Mr. Leonard Wortzel

Vice President of Marketing and Product Development

Scandinavian Tobacco Group Lane Headquarters

2280 Mountain Industrial Boulevard

Tucker, Georgia 30084

leonard.wortzel@st-group.com
Please make your appeal brief, polite, and to the point. Perhaps if he hears from enough prospective buyers, then he will take the steps necessary to resurrect this blend!
Good Luck, and Good Smoking!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Leonard is a good guy and very willing to listen to customers. That's how we got Crown Achievement back. I hope he has the original recipe. If this gains any traction he'll probably ask members here if they have any samples of the old original. So hold off smoking it all up until then.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
All:
If you participate in any other Internet pipe and tobacco sites, or belong to a pipe club, would you please share this thread and urge your fellow enthusiasts and members to contact Mr. Wortzel? The more positive responses he receives the better the chances are that he will act.
Thank-you!
HunterTRW

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
I just emailed. Not my type of blend, from what I hear, but I'd love to have the chance to find out on my own.

leonardw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2011
Ah, the great Edgeworth email campaign of 2014. I figured there was some sort of conspiracy afoot as my phone kept pinging. Message received gentlemen. Message received.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
Dear Mr. Wortzel:
Thank-you for your response. There's no "conspiracy" here, just an ardent desire by many to see a time-proven, stalwart, Burley-based pipe-tobacco returned to the market so that we may enjoy that which did legions of pipers past.
I, for one, look forward to seeing what you do with this challenge.
Best Regards,
HunterTRW

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
As a fan of Edgeworth, I would greatly like to see its return to the market place. I think you'd have happy success with it.

natenice1

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2014
Old ERR the luxury tobacco of my college days, I miss it and surely would like to see its return.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
This is the email I sent to Leonard the other day.
Well, Leonard, I am sure that by now you have received several emails regarding the fabled Edgeworth Ready Rubbed mixture of yore. This has become a popular topic on the Pipes Magazine forum and many of the members are looking for a miracle akin to the rebirth of Crown Achievement.
To that end I'm throwing my support behind the effort to bring ERR back. It's been many years since I've smoked it but would gladly buy it again. Of late there is an intense interest in the blends of yesteryear by younger pipe smokers. One might call it a retro movement toward the simpler days of life in America; and who could blame them.
John

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
Just received 2 oz of the Edgeworth RR match and really enjoyed the first bowl. If the "real thing" comes back in production I for one will be a regular customer. It is a nice mellow smoke, but much more satisfying than say Carter Hall.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Finding people who know remember how Edgeworth was made will be a challenge for industry!

$_12.JPG

These young men have been waiting by their tobacco presses since 1968 for the Laurus plant to re-open

7629636.jpg

But any day now, happy tobacco workers like this young woman will be back at work with a ready rub for those who enjoy Edgeworth!

Status
Not open for further replies.