PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
. . . How long would your current supply/cellar last?
Given my current rate of consumption, I'm estimating that my cellar would last about 16-18 years. Of course, I'm also assuming that I'll last another 16-18 years!
Bob

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Well, I think mine would be somewhere around 25 years. Seeing as I am only 30, I had better keep building :)

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Maybe some of us older pipe smokers -- I'm 52 -- should put you younger puffers in our wills! :)
Bob

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
Likely 2-3 years if I smoked the blends I have that I preserved despite not enjoying. (Tastes can change). Btw, I am all for the more distinguished (older) gentleman leaving baccy for us whipper snappers.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Probably 3-5 years for me. However there are some blends that I would have to smoke out of desperation (about 8oz of 1Q, 16oz of Captain Black Royal etc.) but probably a good 3 years for the stuff I really enjoy.
Oh and if we're willing tobacco, can I be put on Harris' will? I'd say Peck but he's a whipper snapper like myself.

An interesting question. I am not sure how much I actually smoke. I like very small bowls on my pipes, but I have a few large ones. Some days I may only smoke one bowl, and others I might smoke ten. I have about 85 lbs, give or take a few. And, that is a guess. I have been meaning to get an inventory going. Right now, it's sort of a mess.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I'd last maybe a year? I have my wedding to pay for in May and after that the building up of my tobacco cellar and my ammo locker swing into full gear.

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
I'm nearing the 5 year mark. But I've found I'm getting more picky in my tastes (which happen to cost more), so I suppose building up the cellar will either cost me more per pound, or I'll increase the supply at a slower rate.
Decisions...decisions... :puffy:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Average bowl is about 3g, 453g in a pound, one bowl a day, I've got maybe 2 years worth.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
At the current rate I puff, which is about two bowls a week, I've currently got enough in my cellar to last about 125 years or so. If I pick up the pace considerably down the road I should still be covered for the duration of my life, however long that may be. I still have a couple blends on my "want list", but for the most part I'm done cellaring. The hardest part for me is having the discipline to not jump all over the good deals like I'm prone to do. The one exception I will grant myself for adding to the cellar is when I stumble upon the evasive blends that are hard to obtain. For me the hunt of finding rare blends is fun and in those instances I will probably pull the trigger without thinking twice. A big part of the hobby for me is just collecting different tins. I guess I have the collector bug in me.

Status
Not open for further replies.