Status
Not open for further replies.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
This review is on LTR.com too!
Cornell & Diehl Bow-Legged Bear.
This is a monster of a smoke (and a personal favourite) that I have wanted to review for some time.
I am smoking this bowl in my peterson system 31, with a full french press, and a belly full of breakfast. In my opinion, these are the ideal conditions for wrestling this bear.
Immediately upon opening the tin, you are greeted with a pleasantly sour coffee/ chocolate-y aroma. Don’t let the sourness fool you, this is a delicious blend. After lovingly crumbling a bowls worth of the mottled yellow, orange, brown, and black brownie, I gravity fed my pipe and charred the tobacco.
The charring light always brings the same sensation for me, an almost wasabi like sinus effect from what can only be the perique, and as unpleasant as that may sound, it grew on me quickly.
This tobacco always burns well and is easy to smoke (it helps that it is the PERFECT moisture right out of the tin). The foremost flavour at this early stage of the smoke is all nutty burley, and powerful perique. This is a very complex tobacco, and truthfully, even though I have been smoking it for a good amount of time, it still gives me a different flavour profile each smoke. Midway-ish through the bowl the nicotine is making itself known, and is carried on wings of dark chocolate, the best way I can think to describe it is a nutty chocolate bar, almondy, and bitter-sweet chocolate. Sadly I find the latakia takes a background role with the VAs. That is until the end of the bowl, where all the tobaccos serenade you in a most choral fashion, with each sip, you are rewarded with a different flavour. *sip* ‘mmmm sweet virginia’, *sip* ‘oh hello perique, you are most spicy today’, *sip* ‘pine needles?’. All while breathing yourself through the nicotine fed heart palpitations. Quite a smoke, not for the faint of heart, and best when you have nowhere to go and nothing to do! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Thanks for the accolades guys! Something that I meant to have in the review, but totally forgot: a couple cups of coffee and a bowl of BLB will... uuuuuhhh... :oops: ... keep you... uhhh... very 'regular'.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Ya missed breakfast! So cruel of you to stand me up :nana: ! You missed soft poached eggs (french style), thick cut applewood smoked bacon, and delicious latkes. If you rush you can still make it for a french press of kicking horse canyon Grizzly Claw, and a bowl!

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
I've been smoking this a lot lately, it just keeps growing on me. If you enjoy your tobacco strong and delicious, I highly recommend pulling the trigger on a tin or two or three.

Status
Not open for further replies.