PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I just won this collection! Can anyone make heads or tails on what pipes, etc I won from eBay? A lot of interesting stuff here.
ebaybigauctionwin-1-600x488.jpg

pipelotebay2-600x418.jpg

pipelotebay1-600x448.jpg

pipelotebay3-600x415.jpg

Dec 24, 2012
You won about 1000 hours of restoration work!
LOL, seriously though I can't tell but I am sure there are some nice pipes in there once you clean them up.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Whoa, fun! I can't figure any of it out from first glance, but awesome that you got a little bit of everything there. Stands, pipes, looks like a reamer too...Cool!

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
You're probably going to have to inventory them individually. My guess is that you'll end up with a few really nice finds and a bunch of fairly good pipes. If you're not already, you'll be an expert at restoration!

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Like peckinpahhombre pointed out, 1000 hours of restoring ahead of me. I sent an email to the seller asking about the tins but have not got a response yet. Gonna be fun! The cobs are going to be very interesting in seeing what I really have as well as that yellow and brown spotted pipe.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
The pipe in the second to last photo on the rack secon from the left has a white spot on the stem, is that possibly a Dunhill?

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
tjameson, now that would truly make my week if it so happened to be a Dunhill but with my luck? I also see the pipe John is referring to. It might very well be a Doodler of a knockoff. I think some knockoffs were manufactured.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Looks like the bent you have to the right of the blue stand may be all wood, at least the stem appears to have a black insert but the stem itself looks to be wood. Quite a potpourri there, enjoy.......

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
It's gonna be like Christmas when that lot gets in.. Congrats on the win, and hopefully you will have some nice pipes out of the bunch.. I too am interested if that's a Dunhill and doodler in the lot....

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
That is a nice haul, enjoy the restoration and getting to know them all.
Do tell us if that one pipe is a Dunhill.
HEY - I am over 100 posts in just one month :puffy:

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Wow good eyes tjameson! I didn't see the dot the first time through. John Calich also uses a dot but its a gold dot. It will be curious to what it is when you finally get the lot. Keep us posted!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Lots of cool stuff there! Looks like some nice old pouches and pipe rests. Would give an eye tooth for that PA tin if it's got tobacco in it,or even if it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.