I used to think nothing was better than sex...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nkourilo

Might Stick Around
May 21, 2014
Until I started smoking a pipe. When you want a pipe you just fill it up and go. You don't need to take it to dinner, listen to it complain about it's day, pretend to agree about how wonderful obamacare is or that Hillary would make a great president. When you're done, you don't need to cuddle with it, talk about what the future holds, go antiquing with it on sunday. It doesn't care if you walk the dog, put out the trash or mow the lawn. It sits quietly while you're watching the game, making itself available if you want it but otherwise being unobtrusive. And if you want to bring in another pipe, it doesn't cry, call you a bastard or throw your things out on the front lawn.

And best of all, in a pinch, if you really need to, that hole doesn't need to be filled with tobacco.

Strike Anywhere

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2011
Central United States
hmmmm, either you're hittin' the bottle tonight or you haven't had sex in a while (or maybe both)? ;-)
I love smoking my pipes, but I can't say it's better than sex...and this is coming from a married guy that's been doing it with the same woman for a while now.
Also my pipes don't wash any clothes, make any dinner, clean the house, provide additional income, motivate me, or inspire me. I guess for some people pipes could fulfill those last three, but not for me.

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
Though I appreciate your stab at the "I'm a pipe smoking, chest beating, mountain of a man." type of mentality. The fact is (for me at least), that behind every great man is a great woman. A mans life revolves around his family and however attached I may be to my pipes, they just aren't family.
And there are VERY few things in the world better than the majestical powers of sex. :rofl:

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I wouldn't go so far as to say piping is a substitute but a bowl lasts longer, gives as much, inot more, comfort, you don't have to cuddle your pipe afterward, though sometimes I do, and you can switch blends anytime you want without the other tins getting jealous. A pipe will go with you anywhere do anything with you 7 days a week at any time of day r all day. Just saying.......

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I love my pipes and will load 'em up with tobacco and smoke 'em. Call me a prude, but that's as far as I'll go with 'em. 8O
Pipestud

faust

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2014
, if you really need to, that hole doesn't need to be filled with tobacco.
hahahaha :rofl:
This whole thread is the funniest thing I've read in a long time xD

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Keep talking like that and you may just end up cuddling with your pipes because that's all that'll be left. Lol!

gregprince

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2014
I vote for a warm snuggle with my wife and Obamacare, having previously sought sex and insurance on the open market, with a pre-existing medical condition. Neither of my choices is perfect but they beat the heck out of anything else I see out there.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Vastly prefer the company of my Wife, and I will in fact forego my evening smoke and spend time with her if I've been too busy.
But I do love my pipes. Probably not the same way . . .

necron99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2014
"An intellectual is a person who's found one thing that's more interesting than sex." Aldous Huxley.

bowler1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 16, 2013
Williamsburg, VA
Yeah...I have to admit that I have often chosen to go up in my den and have Scotch and smoke my pipe instead of the other alternative.
Don't think my wife appreciates it too much...

Status
Not open for further replies.