PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
I live in a 130 year old farm house, and yesterday I was up stairs and fell from the top step and didn't stop tell I hit the bottom. Wow what a ride! Now My back and neck hurts like hell. I have to think out every move I make now due to the pain. I'm a bit better today but moving super slow. so whats a good way to stop the hurt other then a good drunk?

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
Glad your moving ok Ace but if your neck is hurting you could think about an x-ray just in case.About the pain tho' a good Jamaica rum is fine,it don't fix the pain but after a few slugs you wont give a s--t.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
A hot shower works wonders... It would be a good idea to seek medical attention if the pain doesn't go away soon. I hope things improve quickly.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
See a Doctor! There is so much you could have done and a Doc can catch it before it requires needles and knives to make it right again.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Thanks all, I'm ok just a bit slow today. Last night when I would get up from sitting I would have to go to My knees and then pull Myself up but now I can just stand up slow. Hell I just don't heal like a kid anymore. Sucks to get old but then pain is just weakness leaving Your body. :rofl:

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Walk it off !

Seriously though, my Dad was right about one thing.

Getting old aint for wimps.

Get well soon (a pain pill or 2 cant hurt either)

antipodesman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2011
Vancouver Island
Um, doctor? Seriously ace, you could have internal damage=bad.
Ditto this.
A couple of years ago a good friend was working in the house doing interior painting on a platform. He fell off about 8 feet and hit the floor pretty hard. Six months later he was dead. He had done some damage to his spleen. I would take it seriously.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
A couple of years ago a good friend was working in the house doing interior painting on a platform. He fell off about 8 feet and hit the floor pretty hard. Six months later he was dead. He had done some damage to his spleen. I would take it seriously.

8O

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
If you go to your knees when you try to stand up, you need to get checked out NOW been there, done that once, and you could have spinal damage. If you can do it, get xrays done and looked at first, if there's no real damage, then a quick trip to a Chiropractor will do wonders as they can sometimes just look at your back/neck and tell if something is out of alignment. Hope it's just sore muscles, and goes away quickly.

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
I heard about some acquaintance who had taken a fall and actually broken his neck. It hurt but he didn't know it was actually that bad until he moved in the wrong way and, well, not very good things happened. Better safe than sorry, get it checked.

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
I had a sore neck for 2 weeks, it hurt but not too bad. I decided to go to the doctor after it not getting any better for 2 weeks, I had 2 fractured vertebra and once chipped one. Better safe than sorry Ace.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Ace... didn't your Drill Instructor teach you anything about gravity? :D
Seriously; I ditto the ditto about the Dr...

You could have a fractured vertebrae, and that could be real trouble.
So, drag your butt to Sick Bay!

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
No sense be stubborn about it, go get checked out. It may be nothing, but then again it could be very serious. Just because you can still move doesn't mean it is nothing but being older. We'd like to keep you around for more than just the short term.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Sorry you took a fall Ace. I agree about seeing a doctor, you never know just what damage has been done without some xrays. Hope you're feeling better soon.

octavius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2011
My father-in-law did the same thing the day of my wedding to his daughter. They have an old farm house too with a steep stair case. He broke a toe and pointed out the fact that he was wearing two different size shoes to the bride right before they walked down the aisle. She laughed her ass off all the way down.
Pry should see a doc

Status
Not open for further replies.