PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I have a lb each of McClelland Burley #10 about 2 y/o and C&D Special Virginia about 5 y/o that has gotten a bit dry. I don't particularly care for either on their own, I'm pretty resilient to any bite a VA may produce but this has me reeling and the vitamin N is nothing like I've experienced in a VA before.
On a chance I decided the Burley #10 has enough moisture to probably make up for the dryness of the Special Virginia so I took 2 ozs of each and mixed them to make a test VA/Bur to play with. I have to say the first smoke in the MM Diplomat with plum Forever Stem pretty much made for a great smoke, I pick up the VA forward with the nuttiness of the Burley in the background, needless to say I now have 2 lbs of smokable summer tobacco, keep it smokey.

banjo

briarcudgel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 6, 2016
Good job! As an aside, if you need to rehydrate any baccy, a 1"X1" piece of paper towel that has been dampened with distilled water works wonders in just a day on a 2oz. tin. Longer for larger amounts.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Va/bur is a beautiful thing. You can use that, in a mixing bowl, to add a hefty pinch of unflavored Cavendish, and/or a little Lat or Perique, Turkish or cigar leaf, and have a different blend for days in a row. If you mix up two or three pipe bowls full at a time, you don't have to mix as often. It's true, sometimes so-so tobacco can be magic when mixed.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I've rehydrated a lot of tobacco in the past but since this wasn't cutting it I wasn't going to waste my time, mixing 2 ozs of 2 tobacco's took about a minute, now the bags are near each other and I'll refill the jar once emptied,
Enjoying some of that VA/Bur mix in the Santia bamboo shanked cob. Keeping it smokey.

banjo
55915f4e54e023d1348355365526921db1dd4ac.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.