PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eibhir

Can't Leave
Jan 16, 2013
United States
On Valentine's Day we went to the place I got my first pipe because I love it so much. They still had most of the others there and we got 6 of them! It's so great! Because I got so many they let me have the box. I stapled it to the wall and it makes a really great place to put all my pipes. The best part is that the cats can't reach it. My little tobacco loading station is now complete! On to the TAD part of pipe smoking! I love this adventure! :D

0192-600x470.jpg

022x-600x364.jpg

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Good on you Eibhir. I like that "naked" bowl, third in on the right.
I hear you on the rotation. Those rare days when I had plenty of time to smoke I'd find myself out of pipes.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
OMG.
I really like that pipe holder thing-a-ma-jig you got.
Is it plastic?
That's super cool.
I like your taste in pipe too. Very classic, simple shapes.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
A great collection and a great display! Congratulations!
I think you might win an award for the quickest acquisition of a good-size collection for a new pipe smoker, though! :)

eibhir

Can't Leave
Jan 16, 2013
United States
Thanks! The holder is a plastic insert that came with the pipes. It's covered in a fuzzy flocking for grip. I just stapled the main box to the wall and put the insert back in at an angle. I do tend to jump in whole heartedly, never been much for half measures. :lol:

Now lets see how fast my cellar grows. It's at 2 1/2 lbs so far. :puffy:

eibhir

Can't Leave
Jan 16, 2013
United States
Most of the pipes are Sports. The box says they are by Gardesana. The place where I got them had had them for over a year and had only sold 1 so I got a killer deal. I can't find any info on this model, but I like it.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
It looks like the straight apple in the upper left is the GBD I sent you because it was too small for me. . . which makes me think all of those Sports must be quite small. But, then, that was just what you were looking for! Great find.

eibhir

Can't Leave
Jan 16, 2013
United States
Yep, that's the GBD you sent me. It's first in my rotation. I love it and it fits right in as my at home pipe. The sports are about 4" long. The Medico in the top right I use when I'm plein air painting and the rest just fit in my pocket with the cap for out and abouts. I'm lucky all my needs/wants are covered.

chakaraka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
Vernon, BC, Canada
Nice pick up. You are accumulating items quicker than I am, so feel reassured about that. I have 23 different tobaccos now but most only 1/2 oz or smaller samples. So my "cellar" is somewhere near 10 ozs. I have 4 pipes, 3 cobs and my one and only briar (Bjarne Viking). I now think I have some decent tobacco for breaking in my briar, so that is next on the list when I get the chance. It has nearly been a week since I have had a bowl full, so maybe I should go make lunch and try to select something tasty for afterwards...
:puffy:

eibhir

Can't Leave
Jan 16, 2013
United States
[ You are accumulating items quicker than I am, so feel reassured about that.]

Mike, I didn't know it was a race, but Yay! :P I'm winning!!!

I just found what I liked and since supply was small got as many as I could before they were gone. You however are smoking me on different flavors tried. :worship: I've only tried 5 so far. Once I get my tax return in I'm going to fix that! :nana:

chakaraka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
Vernon, BC, Canada
No, not a race by any means. I am just saying that you are doing a very nice job building a fine collection of briars.
Although I have nearly 2-dozen choices, most of them are only a few bowls worth and I have not tried more than maybe half a dozen tobaccos so far. I am not sure what the tax man has in store for me this year, but I hope to try what I have and hone my tastes so I can acquire some quantity.
Your progress interests me though because we are both about the same level of experience and both joined at about the same time.
:D

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
Nice score; however, when you said "is now complete", you basically cursed yourself. The truth is you have taken one step down a muddy mountain top, and your decent will not be done until you lye at the bottom of the mountain in a pile of pipes overtop an equally monolithic stash of tobacco.
Welcome to the ward.... meet your ailing brothers:)

eibhir

Can't Leave
Jan 16, 2013
United States
I was just teasing. I'm quitting cigs so I smoke about 3-4 bowls a day. The smallest size I can get here is 1 oz so I tend to get more of one kind at a time. I wish I could get less and try more though. When I find one I like I buy a bunch and put the excess in jars for later. I've been buying about the same dollar amount as I used to in cigs and am amazed at how much I can set aside. It's fun watching it grow instead of the nasty butt bottles I used to have. Smells better too. I am proud to be a nicotine fiend, but had hated cigs for a while. I'm glad I started the pipe. Each bowl is an adventure! :)

eibhir

Can't Leave
Jan 16, 2013
United States
I'm not complete yet, I still want a blue ons and a green one. Then a rainbow one. I'm not done, I just have time to find "perfect" ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.