PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
But this time I did. I have my sights set on one pipe this time and low and behold I won it. This is my first poker shaped pipe but my second Morta. I have a Davrin morta that I love so I can't wait to get it in and get it warm. This is a Moretti Morta so really excited to see the quality and craftsmanship they put in to them.
1B210EEC-634D-418A-929F-58117EDE18CF_zpsh7i8sbwt.png

C0AD682E-1422-4329-97BF-43CECED1C8CD_zps6sbfuccm.png

5A59938A-B653-4764-9ABF-666AE2D6AF92_zpsgpkwzehy.png

4B1F4115-0259-418D-A8A7-C042629725A3_zps12vi2ymh.png

E07541E0-B5EF-4F4A-B902-8E4634333721_zpsrnozm7hg.png

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's one cool little pipe. Is it heavy for its size? In any case, there's not much leverage against your teeth and jaw with the short shank and stem. Nifty.

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I should know for sure come Friday that's when it comes in. My other morta is very light so I'm guessing this will be a light pipe too.

welsh1

Lurker
Feb 26, 2015
If you need eBay help there are apps that snipe bids at the last few seconds

Try... My ibidder

Nice win though

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Congrats freakiefrog, you will enjoy it i have no doubt. Marco and his work are top notch, as is his customer service. If you don't love it he will fix it until you do, lol. Mine looks very similar to yours, but has a boxwood shank extension. Smokes englishes like a chimney and very lightweight. Makes for an excellent clencher.

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
If you need eBay help there are apps that snipe bids at the last few seconds

Try... My ibidder

Nice win though

Someone tried that with this one last two seconds of the auction I see the price just start shooting up..but I had a higher top bid number.
Normally I like to just put in my highest bid and let the chips fall, but with this one I had to win it. I've already been in touch with Marco he's fast on the emails.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I don't own any pokers, but I wouldn't mind owning that one. You really hit a home run with it.

Ebay auctions are tricky. Final bids often don't come in until the last five seconds. If there's something I really want, I will sometimes employ "the nuclear option"--a ridiculously high price that I key in the last few seconds before bidding is over. Others do this as well. It's fun to sell something on eBay and watch the bidding in those last few minutes.

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
A commission is a sure way to win the pipe you are looking for!
Have you talked with the maker about what it would cost to commission one? Looks like he does good work. Might be worth it, especially if you are already communicating via e-mail.

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
A commission is a sure way to win the pipe you are looking for!
Have you talked with the maker about what it would cost to commission one? Looks like he does good work. Might be worth it, especially if you are already communicating via e-mail.

No but I might have to do that once this one comes in.

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
Well all the way from Italy. Thanks Marco, I'm over the moon happy with this pipe. I couldn't wait I had to smoke it last night. It is the size and shape and even the weight that I wanted. It is everything to me a poker should be. And it smokes like a freight train!

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Congratulations on your win. The grain on the side is very interesting. Pretty gloss. Do you know what he used to finish it with?

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
Congratulations on your win. The grain on the side is very interesting. Pretty gloss. Do you know what he used to finish it with?
The grain is one of the best parts of this pipe. I don't know what he finished it with but it's like holding glass it's so smooth. The stem is wide and thin I'm guessing its hand cut. The stem is wide but the stummel the same width, the geometry of this pipes gives me OCD happy hives.

Status
Not open for further replies.