PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Hi hi! I recently posted how brokenhearted I was over some pipes I purchased off eBay. I resolved myself to attempt a stem repair on a Linkman Grabow and the lister gave me a rebate on the pipe. I then provided positive feedback with less than 5 stars under "description".
The second pipe is more problematic. It is an Estella that has been topped. The issue is that I got it from eBay Spain. I am not fine spending $25 to send it back and be assed out of a pipe altogether. Here is a pic (a clear one, as opposed to the one on the listing) of the rim:
20150722_172704-600x337.jpg

I am now left with the chore of leaving feedback. He has been communicative and gave me a break on shipping since I ordered 2 pipes. I left glowing praise on the feedback for the other, near flawless, pipe. Here is the transaction between he and I:
Dear zhuge235,
understand. The Nose truth if repaired or not. my knowledge of pipes is reduced. so if I can say it is that I bought it so that pipe. And pay for it € 80 .. but if you are not satisfied with it. We can reach agreement
- chiquitina_32
Click the Respond button to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: chiquitina_32

Subject: Re: En relación con el artículo: 151727953436

Sent Date: Aug-01-15 22:28:49 PDT
Dear chiquitina_32,
You sell many pipes. This pipe is clearly different. The top of bowl is not the same as sides. Your picture was just small enough that it was blurry when I zoomed in. This pipe was repaired. I haven't decided what feedback to leave.
- zhuge235
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: zhuge235

Sent Date: Aug-01-15 22:02:54 PDT
Dear zhuge235,
My English is very bad. Nose if I understand very well what you want to say. The 604 before packaging. The smoke and clean. I did not see any damage. Nostante I do not want you unhappy stay. me me see aque leg photograph refers. And to give you a fair solution for both. Best regards. Francisco
- chiquitina_32

To: chiquitina_32

Sent Date: Aug-01-15 19:53:46 PDT
Dear chiquitina_32,
Hi Francisco. I left positive feedback for the other pipe. It is beautiful and I am proud of it. For this one, I had to get your listing for this pipe thoroughly translated before I could reply to you. This pipe, the 604, has had the top of the bowl sawed or ground off and someone banged it with a nail or something to make it less smooth. I looked at the pictures. It was not something I could see in the listing. I am deciding what feedback to leave on this.
- zhuge235

To: zhuge235

Subject: En relación con el artículo: 151727953436

Sent Date: Aug-01-15 05:50:59 PDT
Dear zhuge235,
Hello, votes are very important to me. I would appreciate. if you satisfied with the 2 pipes. I will vote in the 2. thanks a greeting. Francisco
- chiquitina_32
Pipa savinelli estella 604ks
Item Id:
End time:
Jul-02-15 11:28:12 PM
Seller:
chiquitina_32 (60)
98.4% Positive Feedback
Member since Dec-01-14 in Spain
Listing Status:
This message was sent while the listing was closed.
END TRANSCRIPT
This guy has 13 auctions up right now. 12 of them are pipe related. I don't give him a pass for 'not noticing' the damage. Estella Rustication is SO easily distinguished.
So I am asking what feedback would you all leave?

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
File a SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) claim through ebay. They rule in the buyers favor 99% of the time. They will then force the seller to refund your money (if you paid with paypal) and either let you keep the pipe, or if the seller wants the pipe back, they will give you a link to print a pre-paid mailing label, which they will then charge to the sellers account. For cheap items, sellers usually just take the refund hit and don't bother requesting the merchandise back since the postage they will have to eat costs more than the item is worth.
If you don't want to bother with all that, I probably wouldn't leave any feedback, just let it go.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Nail him for it, he can always request that you change it and offer you some compensation. Happened to me, was offered a rebate for an item that wasn't even close to what was pictured, after a bit of bargaining we came to a mutually agreeable amount.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Thanks guys I will see about a refund. I pretty much commited to keeping the pipe when I got it from Spain.

xrundog

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2014
Ames, IA
A partial refund is a good resolution in a case like this. From what I've seen and experienced, some people think partially sanding a rusticated rim is how you clean it up. Wrongheaded yeah, but what can one do? Not everybody is as good with pipes as they think they are. I've had dealings with people who are self described experts and very clearly don't know much about refurbishing pipes.

I hope you can get a partial refund to your satisfaction. Be philosophical about it. If you buy a lot of pipes on eBay, some of them will be bad ones.

I think you can make that Estella look okay. Sure, not original, but good.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Xrun, that is kind of what I was thinking. If he goes that route, I will do positive feedback. If not though, people need to watch out for the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.