PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
...one that slips off the grid here, but I thought I'd at least give a brief heads up. I've been losing interest in things lately, mainly pipes and guitars, which surprises me. I'm living on my uncle's couch at the moment and am fed up with my cousin. Let's just say there was a time I needed him, and he wasn't there for me. Now he needs me, and is pissed because I'm not there for him. I'm loyal to my friends and family, even if they piss me off. But some people take things to another level and expect the utmost respect in return. If this job lead ends up coming through, I should be into a place of my own sometime in the near future. I'm not too sociable when I'm angry.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
The only non-human things that make me happy are pipes and guitars, don't worry- they'll wait for you. Hang in there and best of luck...

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Good luck guitarguy - losing interest in stuff happens to a lot of us from time to time and then sometimes, the spark reignites later on down the line. Hope things with the job work out and we see you back here.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Hope things work out for you bud. I enjoyed your presence here, hope to see you back soon.

reichenbach

Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
If this lead doesn't work out, keep plugging and don't get down. Do whatever you need to do to keep your head up. As far as your cousin is concerned, some people can only take. F'em but try to keep the peace in your living situation until you can have your own place, then if you need to, let him have it for being an ass. But, keep this in mind, a family feud is not fun. My family is lousy with them and it sucks.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I went through the same thing, I could not, no matter how hard I tried, enjoy my pipes and tobacco. I had to give them up until just recently.
I wish you good luck, hard times come and go.

loneredtree

May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
Once a job comes through you will feel much better. Just keep plugging away. Get out and enjoy this beautiful Fall weather. And taking time for smoking a pipe would be a good thing too
:puffy:

akpipe

Might Stick Around
Aug 28, 2012
Glad to see that you're still posting here. Some good advice up there. Best wishes.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When times get tough it may be that your hobbies are the only things that give you pleasure. Hopefully the job will come through and you feel better again. Hang in there.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
cigrmaster is right sometimes your warm pipe and a great guitar can make a crappy day into a bearable one. I know we have all had those days. Keep your head up and know you can vent here anytime you like. Heck maybe write a song about it and it might become a hit that you can play whilst playing your guitar that helped you through the rough patch.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I'm in a similar situation and I am hunting for jobs as well. I still enjoy restoration of estates but haven't been able to smoke for 4 weeks. Some times your hobbies can really pull you through rough times.

Status
Not open for further replies.