I Love My Parents They Always Make Me Laugh.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
My Parents are in Florida Vacationing and they Facetime me every night with there iPhone. Last night my mom and dad said they had a surprise for me and they showed me at least 4 bags of tobacco and i was like whoa thank you so much but then i looked at the names.
Beech nut and Levi Garrett and quickly realized that they bought me chewing tobacco which i don't part take in. I didn't say anything of course i didn't want to upset them they took the time from there vacation to think about me and i love them for that its the thought that counts after all.
Anyway if any one Chews let me know i got a lot of this stuff coming in. haha.
Beech-Nut.jpg

5496193_33V0YIIJ4.jpg

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
At least try to put some in your pipe and smoke it, your parents gave you those :rofl:

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
My FIL did something like that, he came over on day and handed me two meershaum coffins....I got excited! They were empty, he thought I'd like them.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I used to chew Beech-Nut when I played golf. I'd spit on my opponent's ball just as he putted. Good for some laughs and a $1 a hole. You do what you gotta do. Nobody said golf was pretty.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
lol! Smokeybear, FWIW, if I were in your shoes, I would have gently told them. They'd probably have a laugh and you would have prevented getting any more chewing tobacco in the future. Still, good on you for caring about your folks.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
I plan on telling them when i pick them up at the airport today, i was going to say something but my mother was so excited and it melted my heart that they thought of me so i figured better to let them have the moment. Their smiles were worth more then the tobacco.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
You might actually give it a try. They are very sweet. You just pack a wad into your cheek, but only chew to coax more flavor. Good for when you can't smoke. Because of all the sugar, stays fresh a long time. I used to chew stokers. Been a long time, but I enjoyed it when out fishing. Can't hold a candle to a pipe, but good every once in a blue moon.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
i was going to say something but my mother was so excited and it melted my heart that they thought of me so i figured better to let them have the moment. Their smiles were worth more then the tobacco.
You're a good son, I probably would have done the same in that situation.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
I usually only chew with my father in law on rare occassions. He does quite a bit and has red man in his truck most of the time. I also used to chew when played cards with my friends when we came home for a weekend during college. I usually only enjoy it when I am out side doing something or working for my father in law. But if you need someone to take it off your hands....

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Beech nut and Levi Garrett are what I used to chew. I would love to take it off your hands, but I dare not start chewing again. That stuff has gotten high in Texas $9-$10 a pouch. I let it go once it went that high. Definitely the though that counts from them. My parents brought my brother and I back some Macanudo cigars one year from their vacation. We don't smoke Macanudo's, but they don't know that. A heart thanks and to the humidor it went. Who knows, one day we might smoke them.

B

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
You should give them a quick primer in pipe tobacco and what each of the kinds are, what your favorites are... Sweet Jesus that is one dumb B&M!!!

Dec 24, 2012
That's some funny shit. Reminds me of the time my dear wife decided to get me a pipe, though she worried that she had spent too much money on a "piece of wood". I recall vividly opening the present, excited about the prospect of a new pipe, and finding, much to my dismay, a low grade Luciano. I bit my tongue and told her how much I loved it. On occasion, when I am working from home, she comes into my office and asks me how come I'm not smoking the pipe she got me, so I feel compelled to light it up and pretend to enjoy it. That fricken pipe burns hotter than two squirrels fornicating in a wool sock. As I've said before, holding the bowl is like cupping Satan's testicles. No idea why. Love her for the thought though.
All of which is to say, I expect you to light that shit up and not shatter your poor parents. Be a man.

Dec 24, 2012
Ah, I missed that entry above. Well, you dodged a bullet then. I should send you my Luciano so you have to suffer like I do, lol

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
claimed it was pipe tobacco. Ridiculous.
8O
Good on your parents for figuring it out. Like Peck said, you dodged a bullet.
As I've said before, holding the bowl is like cupping Satan's testicles. No idea why. Love her for the thought though.
lol! My wife once bought me a POS no name basket pipe, in poor shape for $25 at an antique shop. I thanked her of course, but explained that she got ripped off. Am I a bad person?

Status
Not open for further replies.