PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I went on ebay. I bid an auction for 3 pipes for $9.99. I forgot about it because I figured there was no way it was going to ride.... It did. This is what I got. They are very rough, but I am pretty good at fixing them up. The Grabow I'll just use to test blends in, the GBD is not the style I'm into, but I will see how it comes out. The Masterson I like!!! I will have it looking great. Look at that strait grain!!!!!!! I'll post after pix after I fix them up. Pretty cool pipe tools too. I still use the eyeglasses screwdriver. lol this is what they were listed as:
pipe marked mastersen,freehand,briarisreal
pipe marked gbd
pipe marked riviera dr grabow
unmarked reamer,bryco reamer, atomos folding reamer
So was it worth $18.54 shipped????

T2eC16Fy8E9s2fjFHOBQFcoRCtVw60_57.jpg
KGrHqZhoEEFLYFIPBQFcoqvRKQ60_57.jpg

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Hey good find....take your time, have fun doing it, I think they all will clean up fine.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Sweet score! I actually happen to like the style of that GBD haha hope they all clean up and smoke great for you! :puffy:

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Shawn:
I picked up a Masterson the other day and like it very much.
Rothnh, I had no idea the Masterson was a coupon pipe, but one of my best burners is a Dr. Grabow Berwyck that was also a coupon giveaway.
I love GBDs and own a number of them: first and seconds both. Shawn, GBD lied a ton way back then so their "Made in England" stamp is damned near meaningless. If it smokes well and you like it, than consider selling it to me.
Provided you weren't bent over a barrel head on S&H you made a great haul, brother.
Fnord

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Thanks for the support. The guy that sold it was not happy. He sent me a message saying he expected to get much more out of them and that he was shipping them in the morning!!! If he would have taken the time to clean them up he could have Pieced them out and made a killing.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Great score Shawn. I love it when these idiots on Ebay think their pipes that need a complete refurb are worth gold. You are right Shawn, if the guy had cleaned them up, he would have gotten way more. It is even better when certain consignment dealers refuse to clean their expensive pipes up and get way below market value. I know one in particular who always gets way less, and is doing a disservice to the people who he consigns with.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
See that ebay luck turned right around for you! :D Nice buy Shawn, looking forward to see the clean up shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.