PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
My youngest son,14, got a day job today at first monday trade days, our little local flea market, not sure how much he made but he came home broke with all kinds of "stuff", lol, but part of it was for me!...guessing mom helped buy it since like i said hes 14 but here they are
1.jpg
rack & four pipes ran him $15
mail.jpg
the bulldog is leather covered stamped longchamp with france under then theres a briarmeer two white dots on bit then a cornwell billiard stamped made in london england last is another billiard stamped D/D on the bit & on the stem says duke of dundee with air conditioned under that
mail1.jpg
mail2.jpg
they need ALOT of work, but he promised to help with them so it should be fun...first time posting pics so i hope this works

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
my kids are always thinking of eachother first, i just happened to be on the recieving end this time...if anyone has info on these pipe & wanna pass it on it would be appreciated as I'm bout to start an investigatin :puffpipe:

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
yes I've been wanting one of both..not sure about the leather on it, its cool cause i love leather but I've not seen one covered with leather

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Some of my fondest memories of my dad are watching him smoke his pipes.
Looks like you guys are building some good memories.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
ok, the bulldog is made by longchamp leather company, they got out of the pipe buisiness in '78, there are no more model numbers so i havent been able to date any better than that. the cornwell is a subgrade of gbd, so it should be a good pipe. the duke of dundee was a pretty common pipe 20-30 yrs ago, as far as I can tell this one was made in the early '40s. I cant find anything at all about the "briarmeer" but I've been wanting a meer lined pipe for a bit so its cool. I'm hoping these all clean up well.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
@nsfisher, we've got a 10a.m. tee time at his fav course, breakfast in the clubhouse, & for sure a pipe in the cart :puffy: @phillip, my usual smoking spot is in the porch swing with my wife next to me & at least one of my kids outside, if its him hes got a golf club practice swinging & asking questions about something

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
ok, I've finished two of them & would like to hear what ya think. This is the cornwall & the duke of dundee.
IMAG0241.jpg
IMAG0243.jpg
IMAG0242.jpg
IMAG0244.jpg
IMAG0245.jpg
I think they came out ok..

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
+1 smokinggun
One of those finished pipes looks like it took a bullet for a buddy of his! 8O
Very nice refurbs.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
@ Spartan, that the D/D & its call air conditioned, i havent really had a chance to look into it too much but i believe it was made in '41 & that "bullet hole" must create a draw from opposite side of the bowl...I dunno, I'm bout to light a bowl of 1q in it I'll letcha know shortly bout the smoke. :puffy:

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
The bulldog & briarmeer are still waiting, but I wonder, should I take all of the cake out of there bowls or just leave a little?

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Thank you all..he is a great kid, he's working on the bulldog, has been for awhile now, it was pretty rough, but he wanted to do it on his own...ill post pics when he's done, It's looking good too :D

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
The duke smoked so well I put some pa in the cornwall & tried it out...it was equally as good a smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.