PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hey guys,

Yesterday I was reminded of an old blend that I used to love.

The old blend (no longer available to my knowledge) is Wessex Brigade (Apple).

As I've said probably a hundred times... it bit like a junk-yard dog and would ghost a pipe with the first puff... but, I loved it.
Can anyone recommend a good, bright, apple flavored aromatic?

:puffy:

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Hands down, Solani Green! Exceptional quality leaf, slow burning, no bite and old school casing.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
The only one I know of is Middleton's Apple. It tastes sweet and I only think it tastes like apple because you expect it to taste like apple. I mean, it's written in big letters on the front of the pouch after all. Probably not what you are looking for though, good luck!

aaronbrill

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2012
There's an apple blend that my local store carries that I believe probably comes from Uhle's that has a nice flavor and smell. If you can track that down it's worth a try. I could also send you a sample if you wanted.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Thanks for the leads gentlemen.

I might extend my description of Wessex Brigade to say that it looked almost exactly like Grousemoor.

It was a bright yellow with a little light brown mixed in.

I think it may have actually had some dried apple in the blend...

But; of course, I can't be sure of that.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
I havn't tried the blends you listed so I don't know how close this comes but I have heard great things about hearth and Holmes Caramel apple.
http://pipesandcigars.com/hehocaappie1.html#.UTABCol5mc0

Jan 8, 2013
I think Brigadier Black's Gettysburg had a peach thing going on.... haven't tried it yet but got some coming... I know it's not apple, but it's still a fruit :)

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Now that you mention it I was just looking at Grandma's Apple Pie from Carey's SmokeShop earlier today. Sounds like a blend I'd probably try.
"The rich flavor and aroma that is apple pie fresh from the oven. This pipe tobacco is blended with the finest exotic Green River tobacco leaf. Slightly fuller bodied than Classic Black Aromatic."
http://www.eacarey.com/applepie.html

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I was at my local B&M yesterday evening and seen this sitting on the shelf looking lonely and covered in dust. The local smokeshop (cigarette store) only carries a limited selection of pipe tobaccos. I felt sorry for the pouch so I bought it. I smoked a bowl this morning while I had a cup of coffee. It's not a bad blend. All I detected was a slight hint of not apple but more like apple cider with a very mild sweetness. I hate to waste anything and over time I will smoke it all. Doubt I'd buy it again though.
applepipetobacco1-600x362.jpg

punkrockarmy

Might Stick Around
Jan 13, 2013
I haven't tried it yet but my uncle likes Boswell's Apple Strudel. He says its a mild aromatic with just a hint of apple. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.