PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
I hate...

Pipemakers that don't test their pipes before sale by running a pipe cleaner through it. Why sell it if you don't have the Quality Control to fix a fundamental issue with all Pipe smokers. I can't stand smoking a pipe if I can't run a cleaner through it to clear a gurgle or the errant piece of tobacco stuck in the stem.
What do you hate?
Edit: Corrected capitalization in title per Rule #9, L.

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
Ebay sellers that are deceptive. I don't get caught anymore, but listing like "Savinelli?" when the only marking is Italy. There are two like this on ebay tonight.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
that I can only smoke outside at work... and I can't keep a match lit becasue it's too dang windy all the time.
...and the Cubs... I hate the Cubs.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I won't say 'hate' but am annoyed when a pipe starts to get 'sour' even though I clean them thorougly after each smoke. I can't tell if its me or the pipe.
I'm not unusually lazy, but it seems that I just did an alcholol clean just a few weeks ago.

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
People that cough on purpose when I'm smoking my pipe in an open air park that doesn't prohibit smoking.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I hate:
Making a TAD order online and having only half of what I expected arriving the other half mysteriously ending up on backorder even though it was in stock when I purchased it.

appointed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2013
I hate going outside on a clear and calm day to enjoy a pipe and the wind mysteriously picks up right as I strike a match, among other things.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Packing the whole pipe kit for a trip, and getting there too late to smoke, and getting up and off too early to

smoke, and then when I do have time, being somewhere I'm not allowed to smoke. And I pack the

pipe kit wondering if I need three or four pipes for a rotation. Huh. Then realizing that the tobacco(s)

I brought with me aren't the best selections for days in a row. Spoiled by being at home with the cache

of pipes, tobacco, and opportunity. Then getting close to a big pipe shop or factory, etc., and not having

the time to see it. So it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.