PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

edlogic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2012
jacksonville florida
i looked at hundreds of pipes and i thought i only liked the billiards then right after i ordered a new graco safari billiard - i started liking the rhodesians -
now that

I SAW THAT MEERSCHAUM DUBLIN

i want to find a bent one just like it -
i found one @ $ 119

then another one for $ 89
now i have plenty of time to read up on meerschaums -

- because -

several things are likely to happen before i get enough money to buy another pipe -
probably enough time to learn how to make them myself by hand with a tooth pick and a paper clip - probably enough time to wait for one to appear before me as if by evolutionary magical mysticism
or ... - i can refuse shipment on the graco safari that i ordered and get the meerschaum or this Brigham Mountaineer rhodesian
002-491-0317.jpg

hey - my signature started working again !

edlogic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2012
jacksonville florida
Man, you've got it bad!
yeah -

as for pipes -

i think i prefer the lower light wave frequencies in general

but whatever it is - it's gotta be smooth

i don't like any of the ones with rust crust dust or blasted sand finishes so far
hmmm

are there any nature type finishes ? like coconut or bamboo ? or eel skin ?

beaterman

Lurker
Mar 5, 2012
Sorry, but I have to say..... That Rhodesian looks awesome! I now must have it.... Argggggggg... my wife will kill you if she finds out why i had to buy yet another pipe...... :laughat:

beaterman

Lurker
Mar 5, 2012
BTw, Anyone like the Brigham filter system? I guess it's made out of dowels or something? Sounds strange, wonder if it really helps?

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Hey, that was my meerschaum Dublin! I posted a stock photo, because I don't have a way to take pictures, but I've been wanting a Rhodesian or Bulldog since I saw the pics on this site, and I'm having dirty thoughts about that Brigham Mountaineer right now.
PS Eel skin?? Yeah, you got it bad.

edlogic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2012
jacksonville florida
Hey, that was my meerschaum Dublin! I posted a stock photo, because I don't have a way to take pictures, but I've been wanting a Rhodesian or Bulldog since I saw the pics on this site, and I'm having dirty thoughts about that Brigham Mountaineer right now.
yeah and i bet they are plenty slobbery spitty dirty thoughts

now wipe yourself off and clean up that keyboard now

it is a sure giveaway if your wife comes in and sees it

edlogic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2012
jacksonville florida
funny thing about that particular rhodesian - and i am thinking this applies in general
i looked around for other prices for that guy and i found other ones but they did not look as nice

none of them
fact is - i would not nearly have been tempted so much by any of the other ones that i saw -
only one place in all the pipe viewing i have done so far - said that the pipe you see is the pipe you get
so does anyone have advice about what to expect when you see a pipe online and what you receive ?
thanks

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I like the rock maple tube filters. They provide a smooth, dry smoke every time; and they are reusable. :puffy:

Also, you can run a standard pipe cleaner through them in case any crud has entered the stem.

My 2-dot Algonquin is a wonderful smoker...

BrighamAlgonquin.jpg

edlogic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2012
jacksonville florida
beaterman wrote -

Sorry, but I have to say..... That Rhodesian looks awesome! I now must have it.... Argggggggg... my wife will kill you if she finds out why i had to buy yet another pipe......
just tell your wife that my wife used my computer and signed in with my login
after i collect the insurance

while smoking my new rhodesian i will sign in to paypal and make it good for you and your wife

edlogic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2012
jacksonville florida
@ cortezattic
thanks for that information - i was wondering about what is the rock maple .

do you know what the two dot three dots signify ?

dagummit - i only have one day or so to make up my mind to refuse shipment on the Graco Safari that i ordered so i can get the rhodesian or the dublin

and now you gave me another reason to ponder
hmmm - i guess i gotta light up another bowl

( LUAB ) is that one circulating yet ?
p s - i still have not found out what PAD is yet - i guessed it is pipe acquisition disorder

edlogic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2012
jacksonville florida
i found the abbreviations and i was right about PAD
here is a short look at a nice brigham mountaneer

( this guy just happens to be listening to an old alice cooper album i remember having when i was in high school about 1974 )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3TvKFFEFuA&feature=channel

Status
Not open for further replies.