Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2014
Back when my wife and I first got married my wife's mother gave us a chair. We used it for a few years and then it was banished to the basement. There it sat for years, used by a few cats and as catch all, it was a little shabby. Instead of hauling it out in one piece I decided to cut it in half with the sawzall. As I finished the cut I heard a clink on the floor, I looked down and there laid a brass Zippo. I showed it to my wife and she said it was her fathers. My father-in-law was a pipe and cigar smoker, and we spent some times together enjoying the leaf. I can't say why I decided to cut the chair up, but I'm glad I did.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
Those sorts of finds are extra special. And if it justifies your use of power tools all the better!

Jun 4, 2014
I put in a new flint and gave it a squirt of fluid and she lit on the first spark. If I get a chance to partake in a bowl later I make sure to use the lighter, I know Don would be happy it's being used.

Jun 4, 2014
My wife said that when you find something from someone who passed it means they are still watching over you. I think that's nice. I my sure he was smiling when I sparked up my pipe.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Thats very nice and I guess he wanted you to have the lighter. As aside I think they still make a brass/copper zippo lighter to this day. I never buy them as I always lose the damned things! Congratulations on your find.

Status
Not open for further replies.