PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Since the time marriage was invented, it seems that it’s always the man that has to give up something…that demands are mostly made by the wife.
So in my house, I just decided to put my foot down. I told my wife.
“From now on I want you to leave the toilet seat up.”

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Hahahaha! I love it! Been getting into that argument with my wife again lately. I was doing really good about putting it down for the girls for a while. (But the lid goes with it out of spite lol) but now with my new job, I've been living in a hotel for the past 5 weeks by myself, so I haven't had to do anything with the toilet seat. Until the weekends when I get home. But apparently that excuse doesn't seem to work...

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Having been raised by a father who was pretty obsessive about hygiene, I always had to put both the seat and the cover down after every single time I used the toilet, and raise both every single time I had to pee (then wipe rim with toilet paper to clean up any droplets, and put both down again). Thus, I never got the big deal about this toilet seat issue. Were I fortunate to be married, she'd always find the seat down (AND the cover, which would still require some effort from her part :D ).

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I'm the same way as Olkofri, the seat and the lid are always down in my household, it's just muscle memory, I couldn't leave it up even if I wanted to.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Not an issue for me as I've always been a "sitter" myself. On the other hand, have had the experience several time of trying to sit before I realized someone in my house left the dang thing up. Grrr. 8O

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
With P&C's latest Cyber17 sale, I finally put my foot down and said to the wife,

"Can I buy some more tobacco, pretty please?"! :rofl:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I close the seat to flush the "throne," so it always starts out down. This supposedly keeps the flushed commode from flinging the contents around the room. Sounds logical to me. Even if it's just a wives tale (started by some shrewd wife) if something as minimal as putting the seat down adds to my partner's happiness, I'd sure do it. As Mark Twain said, it was easy so I done it.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
We resolved this issue here several years ago. Since we all have bad backs and since none of us like to clean the toilet more than necessary, we are all 'sitters'. Works great. Also, we got soft close lid/seats so a flick of a finger lowers the lid quietly. Winners all...
And, I normally put both feet down. My balance isn't what it used to be. 8O

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Since the time marriage was invented, it seems that it’s always the man that has to give up something…

I will never undrrstand wife fear. 17 years in, and have given up nothing. Surrounded by females at the house, and we leave the lid down because the cat likes to jump in.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Here it is... to have some fun, do this. Cover the toilet top (under the seat) with clear plastic wrap. Close the seat, close the lid, wait until dark to set this up.
Enjoy...

wasnsfisher

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 28, 2017
YA Nevada, tried that 30 yrs ago when i got married. Turned out she didn't need to JUST Pee. I was not her favorite Person for awhile after

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
I am lucky enough to have a wife that doesn't care. If it's up she puts it down, if it's down and I need it up, I lift it up. Works well. Or I pee sitting, gives me an opportunity to read stuff on the can ... perfect

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Here it is... to have some fun, do this. Cover the toilet top (under the seat) with clear plastic wrap. Close the seat, close the lid, wait until dark to set this up.
One of the classics. Did this in college. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.