PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
So I recently bought a Beall Buffer and I got a motor off the bay at a great price. I have spent the weekend thus far in my shop (the garage) getting it set up and working on my first restoration with it. Below are pics of my shop and the restoration with before and after shots.
The Shop.

DSC02580.jpg

MicroMesh Pads I used on the stem.

DSC02579.jpg

Mu Buffing Stattion. I have it mounted to the piece of wood underneath it so I can put it away when I don't need it.

DSC02578.jpg

Before shots. GBD International 9665

Pipe2RS.jpg

Pipe1RS.jpg

After

DSC02575.jpg

DSC02577.jpg

DSC02576.jpg

I am almost sad to say that this pipe is out the door Monday morning. I am trading it. I could not be happier in the investment I have made in the buffing system. I have to say guys it is well worth the money. I saved for a while and searched the bay for a long time for a motor. I ended spending total under $200 for the system, motor and components to put it together.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I think that is totally cool! My little Dremel buffing disk makes your outfit look seriously professional;

and boy do the results show it! It's anazing how that pipe came back to life. Nice job! And thanks for all

the pix. :clap:

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
Seeing that GBD come back to life makes me a happy camper, excellent work! I promise it's going into great hands, Glenn :)

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Nice setup and restoration! You really should put a cover on that switch though! Is that computer cases hanging on the wall ? Neat idea!

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks Mark. It ships Monday morning. Seeing it after the restoration, I think you are getting a great deal. lol I hope you enjoy it and hope it measures up to your Cavicchis.
Thanks Ed. Yea, I need to put a cover on the switch. I almost sprung for the nice switch with a cover on it but I am a cheap bastard. And yes, those are computer towers. I had two I junked and used the bare frames as supports for my shelf and I store my restoration gear inside them. I also used the case from the hard drive to hang my paper towels from. Just a few dry wall screw through the bottom and back and through the top shelf. Super sturdy.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I have a couple of junk computers laying around,may have to steal your idea Glenn! One more suggestion-you might wanna move that tool box-else it will end up full of buffing dust-sh** goes everywhere!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Glenn:
What a beautiful setup. Love the Beall lash-up you've put together and you did a wondrous salvage job on that GBD. It also pleases me to see a fellow Micro-Mesh user with the color chart near by.
I am very curious about the ceramic pipe near your cleaning supplies. I don't know how many times I've walked into an antique store or flea market, asked for tobacco pipes and been proudly walked over to the booth containing one of those. Aren't they planters for every grandmother's ubiquitous Philodendron start?
BTW, the Jarl I received from you is a wonderful smoker and quickly working it's way into my rotation. Thank you again for an excellent transaction.
Fnord

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
Awesome almost looks like my little work station , except maybee a little cleaner lol . You did a fine job on the pipe .

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks again all.
@fnord...I use it as an ash tray. It probably is a planter. I use it as an ash tray because with the high walls, less stuff is likely to fall into it, and it just looks cool. Yea, I see them all the time. This one had a bit more character then most of the ones I had seen so I snagged it.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
That is a great job on the GDB! And your workshop looks like mine wants to (but can't quite get it there and keep it there lol). I love seeing the motor set up actually set up: couldn't envision how to go about actually doing that. I'd say that your investment will pay off in spades, of hopefully greenbacks!

Status
Not open for further replies.